Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?

leatherneck

Elliot was injured in week 2.

Probably because he missed the majority of the season with an injury. What would be your reason for having him on the list? He wasn't on any all-state teams, was he?

Easy there fellas, I stated I didn't know the criteria. If it's the best 2 running backs in the state he should be there IMO, but if it's TD's, rushing yards, etc he shouldn't.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't have a list without Jude and Wales at running back. With 3 spots that leaves Dawkins. You can't seriously expect to remove one of those 3(let alone anyone who made it as an ATH) after the years they had to someone who was injured in week 2.

Why wouldn't stats play a part in determining who is selected?

Well, Blaine Gabbert threw for more yards than Peyton Manning this year. Who's the better QB? I just think Travis Elliott is easily one of the top 2 RB's in KY talent wise. I already prefaced that by saying I didn't know what criteria was used. Didn't mean to poke the nominators bee hive, just responding to the thread that asked for "any thoughts". My bad.

Easy there fellas, I stated I didn't know the criteria. If it's the best 2 running backs in the state he should be there IMO, but if it's TD's, rushing yards, etc he shouldn't.

Elliott was very good, but I think Jude was better. Same with Dawkins and Wales. If Elliott had been able to play this year, I might have a different opinion. But he didn't.

Elliott was very good, but I think Jude was better. Same with Dawkins and Wales. If Elliott had been able to play this year, I might have a different opinion. But he didn't.

I withdraw my comments the list is Perfect, nice work everyone. :lol:

Why start the thread if you just wanted affirmation of those selected? :walk:

No Drake Bruns? Wow.

No disrespect towards Bruns, but I felt all year long that New was the better defensive back of the two. To be fair to Bruns, he was moved to a new position this year (safety) and perhaps if he'd have stayed at corner, I'd have felt differently about who the better db was this year. But it's hard to argue against New being on the team as a db. White definitely belongs on the team. Not having seen Clark play, I can't argue that Bruns belongs being on there in his place.

I withdraw my comments the list is Perfect, nice work everyone. :lol:

Why start the thread if you just wanted affirmation of those selected? :walk:

I have no problem with you thinking Elliott should be on the team and am fine with you expressing that opinion. I've just never been as high on the Elliott bandwagon as some have been. Very nice RB for sure; but never as good in my opinion as some have argued.

These teams, I don't care which one you choose, are all very subjective.

Drake Bruns-Highlands, Alex Mattingly-St X, and Jermey Harness-John Hardin are 3 that come to mind.

On Mattingly where would he fit on the team?

And on Elliott, he missed almost the entire season. Additionally, I work out with Travis and I would have loved to have him on the team but missing the season means missing the team.

I agree with LN's thoughts on Carter New...EXCELLENT year this year! But I disagree mon Jude better than Elliot. From seeing Elliot last year and Jude this year, the nod goes to Elliot. BUT, since Elliot essentially didn't play this year (injury) I would pick Jude for this year's BGP team.

I am a big Elliott fan but he basically did not play football this year due to the injury. Performance on the field this year has to be the main factor in choosing an all star team.

Here is something I would be interested in seeing - where are each of these players playing next year? I realize that is not what determines who makes the team, but it would be interesting to see. Then, along those lines, what player(s) will be playing D1 ball next year and are not on the team. That is a good starting point for making an argument for a player who perhaps should be on the team. Obviously, Elliott (WKU) is one of those who will be playing D1 ball and is not on the team but the injury precludes him. Who else has a D1 scholly and isn't on the team? Anyone?

I am a big Elliott fan but he basically did not play football this year due to the injury. Performance on the field this year has to be the main factor in choosing an all star team.

Here is something I would be interested in seeing - where are each of these players playing next year? I realize that is not what determines who makes the team, but it would be interesting to see. Then, along those lines, what player(s) will be playing D1 ball next year and are not on the team. That is a good starting point for making an argument for a player who perhaps should be on the team. Obviously, Elliott (WKU) is one of those who will be playing D1 ball and is not on the team but the injury precludes him. Who else has a D1 scholly and isn't on the team? Anyone?

We have 3 that I know of. Qb, and 2 OL.

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?