Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?

leatherneck

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we know that the KHSAA doesn't do things geographically...I'm still scratching my head over Beechwood being a part of the west.

That doesn't bother me. They have to break up teams based on their relationship to others. I'm guessing the majority of A teams are in the east which then means BW has to go to the west in order to even it up.

I'm with westsider. :D

My opinion is, if you or someone in your immediate vicinity was in the Western Kentucky Conference, then you're in Western Kentucky. Therefore, Bowling Green qualifies.

Scooter Hollis should have been on this team. If you'd like me to take one off, we can start with either Aaron Hills or Jerrell Wickware, both of which I saw play. Hollis easily trumps either. I can tell that Wickware's placement on the team in the first place is in large part to his performance against Highlands. Darrius was easily the better player of the two this year or any other, but Jerrell had the better championship game.

I once had an argument with westsider about this. :D I basically divide the state up into 3 sections. Anything east of Lexington is Eastern Kentucky, and anything west of Louisville is Western Kentucky. Thus, my parents live in Grayson County, so I consider them Western Kentucky. He was pretty vehement that it was NOT Western Kentucky. But, his description of Western Kentucky only seemed to include those counties that border the Mississippi.:lol:

They're pretty territorial over there in the far reaches of the state. :D

Grayson County ... heck, it as close to Elizabethtown as it is Owensboro. That's not west ... :lol:

I consider western Kentucky to be west of the Natcher Parkway.

My opinion is, if you or someone in your immediate vicinity was in the Western Kentucky Conference, then you're in Western Kentucky. Therefore, Bowling Green qualifies.

Scooter Hollis should have been on this team. If you'd like me to take one off, we can start with either Aaron Hills or Jerrell Wickware, both of which I saw play. Hollis easily trumps either. I can tell that Wickware's placement on the team in the first place is in large part to his performance against Highlands. Darrius was easily the better player of the two this year or any other, but Jerrell had the better championship game.

No argument from me on Hollis. I agree wholeheartedly but didn't know enough about any other players to remove someone without sounding like a homer. I'll take your word on the Wickwares. In my eyes you are the expert on football in that area.

Warren County will always be SouthCentral to me though. Can't help it. :D.

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?