Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?

leatherneck

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this list is very complete given there are only 36 spots. I believe there are a tremendous amount of players that were probably right on the bubble.

We are very proud of Pokey Harris (GRC) for making this list!

Blockbuster, I had to delete you post...

Mattingly is fantastic there just isn't a spot for him under our format.

Also, in the future, please give us your detailed nominations on players, it really helps to hear what we should be doing ahead of time vs. after the team has been released.

I am a big Elliott fan but he basically did not play football this year due to the injury. Performance on the field this year has to be the main factor in choosing an all star team.

Here is something I would be interested in seeing - where are each of these players playing next year? I realize that is not what determines who makes the team, but it would be interesting to see. Then, along those lines, what player(s) will be playing D1 ball next year and are not on the team. That is a good starting point for making an argument for a player who perhaps should be on the team. Obviously, Elliott (WKU) is one of those who will be playing D1 ball and is not on the team but the injury precludes him. Who else has a D1 scholly and isn't on the team? Anyone?

Drake Bruns (HHS): UC

Hard to think that there isn't at least 1Lexington (public or private)kid on the list that is better than someone listed

With this select of a group it is hard to make a case for individual honors this year. LexCath and Lafayette were the stronger teams in the area but neither had the stand-out dominating individual players needed for this list.

Bolin/Bush were a great pair but do they displace those on this select list. Its a hard case to make.

Alex Nash had 100 tackles with 24 of those being TFLs - as a defensive back. He has not gotten the recognition that should come those type of stats. But undeservingly left off? Again, that is a hard case to make with how select this group is.

Lafayette had good solid players who played well as team but no real dominating players individually.

Lexington area got snubbed badly in the AP. Things were better in the CJ.

But this is a smaller and more elite group than either of those. So not having anyone from the Lexington area is not overly surprising.

Congratulations to all the young men who were named to this team.

I liked Max Nussbaum from Beechwood this year. He was one of the best players that I saw. I thought he might make it somewhere.

I am sure Max was considered as an athlete. Played at WR, RB, QB when the starter got hurt including leading Beechwood to a win over New Cath, returned kicks getting TD's on a couple, LB on defense - he did all those at a high level. But as good as they were, it is hard to have both Vocke and Max on a team structured like this one. I am glad to see the senior Vocke get some well deserved recognition. Max will get plenty next year.

I am sure Max was considered as an athlete. Played at WR, RB, QB when the starter got hurt including leading Beechwood to a win over New Cath, returned kicks getting TD's on a couple, LB on defense - he did all those at a high level. But as good as they were, it is hard to have both Vocke and Max on a team structured like this one. I am gald to see the senior Vocke get some well deserved recognition.

Anything new on Vocke and college football options?

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?