Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the next Coach at Dixie?

Featured Replies

Maybe futurecoach gets his shot. Seems to know football and is passionate.

 

:thumb::D

  • Replies 229
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dave Brossart becomes head coach at Dixie then there will be no change in the team. He is a main reason that team could never click, he is a head case and not a very positive coach. Kids don't respond well to him and I don't think the underclass men would be happy with that. Dixie needs to clean house and go a completely different direction and bring in an outside coach who can turn the program into a power house were it needs to be.

If Dave Brossart becomes head coach at Dixie then there will be no change in the team. He is a main reason that team could never click, he is a head case and not a very positive coach. Kids don't respond well to him and I don't think the underclass men would be happy with that. Dixie needs to clean house and go a completely different direction and bring in an outside coach who can turn the program into a power house were it needs to be.

 

Siple..:thumb:

A little birdie told me it will be Borchers if he wants it.

A little birdie told me it will be Borchers if he wants it.

 

It would make sense. The AD at Dixie now is the old AD at Cooper. I believe Dixie is a lot closer to where Coach Borchers lives as well. Who knows though.. only time will tell.

As a polar bear fan I don't want to see siple go. Especially to Dixie! But he's an excellent coach and would be a good choice for the red colonels.

Coach Barth would do a great job at Dixie, BUT I do not seeing him leaving a great situation at Walton. Coach Barth is extremely happy with his coaching staff, administration and parents. I do not see him leaving for Dixie, or any other job in the near future. Now, if a job would open where a team from Campbell County who wears blue and white, then all bets are off. I don't see that happening for many years to come. The Birds have a legend currently coaching and his loyal D Coordinator likely will be his deserving successor.

Explain "great situation"

I still haven't quite figured out what the draw is here. He took over an up and coming new program at a school that has always had it's fair share of athletes-- then proceeded to lose miserably in his first year, catch a good district in a bad year in his 2nd only to then beat Bracken (how they get in playoffs is a joke) and get hammered by Frankfort. Then jump in class to a lower quality opponent (minus Owen this year)(left Beechwood, Bellevue, etc) and lose in the first round of playoffs to a team they beat soundly in the season (looking past Lloyd was a mistake). This makes him a quality candidate for a big time NKY job?!? Not so much.

I think Scott's coach should stay there, they deserve to have a legit HC. Sounds to me like Borchers is doing pretty well at Cooper- so I wouldn't see him moving. I am intrigued about this Siple fella- hear a lot about him and I appreciate offensive innovators since the game has moved from ground and pound over the last few years. Interesting debate for the next weeks/months.. Hopefully for Dixie not months....

You must be someone that Barth got rid of as he was taking over, or someone whose kid doesn't play as much as you'd like. A good friend of mine, Woody McMillen, said that when WV started football, they were trying to get anyone who ever played a sport to help, because the community had no football background. Woody stepped away for personal reasons, allowing barth to step in. Now Barth has all types of good football help on his staff. Lose the grudge.

Anyone know when they are going to start interviewing. I would assume someone wouldn't be named until January/February but I could be very wrong.

What about rhineheart from Brossart? Whoever takes over will need to step up the conditioning program currently in place.

Edited by Birdsfan

what about rhineheart from Brossart? Who ever takes over will need to step up the conditioning program currently in place.

 

No chance, but brossart people would love for him to go.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 13

I caught a wind that SK's D-coordinator, Herbst, might be interested.

Edited by Birdsfan

Ain't gonna happen. Scott is going to surprise a lot of people over the next few years. Campbell is committed to turning things around. He could have had almost any job he wanted when he came to Scott.

 

:idunno:Believe it when I see it. Letting the frosh compete with the small schools is not sending a good message. Sorry to thread jack but some posts are jaw-dropping.

i caught a wind that SK's D-coordinator, Herbst, might be interested.

He would be a good get, IMO.

What about Woolf from Ryle? Heck even Warner. I mean if they are going to be 6A like Ryle why not go to a place with great facilities AND open enrollment.

 

That's interesting there. He being a para-professional at Ryle would allow Dixie not to have to hire a teacher since Spritzky didn't teach. Or did he? Anyway, Ryle seems to be in a funk right now and maybe Warner is thinking elsewhere. IMO!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.