Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the next Coach at Dixie?

Featured Replies

You ever lay in bed and think you didn't word something properly and just know you're going to get nailed by morning? That was me last night.

 

As I said previously it certainly was not a shot at any of the current staff.

 

History says good coaches often come from good staffs and Highlands , by all accounts, has a good staff. So logic says there would be strong candidates from that staff.

 

BTW, for the record, I'm not trying to make anything happen to break up the staff. You assume way too much "care" on my part in that area.

 

My point is that , to be honest, I am tired of hearing the constant "you have to challenge yourself" "why settle" "push yourself" "competitors don't back down from challenges" from a few fans when it comes to other programs yet here's an example of where current assistant coaches at Highlands , some talented enough to be legit candidates, choose not to apply to rebuild Dixie's program. That's all I'm saying.

 

Now, you mention that there are reasons they do not want to apply. Fine. Perfect. I respect their decisions and ,frankly, do not care what those reasons are. However, I'd ask that before fans in the future make such declarations to how a program should be ran or how a coach should dedicate himself more or how a coach should push his players hard that we remember that there may be reasons that they do not that are not known to us or that have to be satisfactory to us.

 

Fair?

 

Very fair. And yes, I've done the exact same thing. And it's usually you whom I expect to call me on it the next morning. LOL!

 

I do think there are plenty of challenges remaining for the Highlands asst coaches if they remain at Highlands. If nothing else, just trying to maintain Highlands at its current level is extremely challenging.

  • Replies 229
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very fair. And yes, I've done the exact same thing. And it's usually you whom I expect to call me on it the next morning. LOL!

 

I do think there are plenty of challenges remaining for the Highlands asst coaches if they remain at Highlands. If nothing else, just trying to maintain Highlands at its current level is extremely challenging.

 

I will not discount the challenge but in no way do I believe a well-oiled machine from Dale down to the youth leagues is even remotely the same challenge as rebuilding a program as "the man." Should I think less of the HHS assistants for not wanting the challenge? I do not.

Man, THIS is FUN!!

Dave Campbell, it would be a huge step up in talent for a great coach.

 

Dave Campbell is not only a great coach, he is a great man. I wouldn't blame any school for going after him but I don't think he would take the Dixie job. In the past, you would be right, a huge step up in talent but I don't think that will be the case in the future. Watch over the next couple of years what Coach Campbell had built at Scott. I think Scott could very well be the best football team in the Kenton County School District as soon as next season.

How in the world did a question about Dixie's head coaching vacancy turn into a "How We Do It At Highland's" thread??????:idunno:

How in the world did a question about Dixie's head coaching vacancy turn into a "How We Do It At Highland's" thread??????:idunno:

 

It didn't. Clyde wondered if any Highlands assistants would apply. Logical thing to wonder. Our discussion is why they might not. If that's all you've got to offer to the thread, it's not much.

Are applications being accepted? How does one apply?

Not that it matters but what would this position pay?

  • Author
Not that it matters but what would this position pay?

 

Less than 10K I am told.

Not that it matters but what would this position pay?
Well lets see, with the amount of hours you will be putting in. I would say about $2.00 an hour. :lol:

About $.50 an hour...

It didn't. Clyde wondered if any Highlands assistants would apply. Logical thing to wonder. Our discussion is why they might not. If that's all you've got to offer to the thread, it's not much.

 

Wow Leatherneck, it was just a joke...can't take everything so serious

Dave Campbell is not only a great coach, he is a great man. I wouldn't blame any school for going after him but I don't think he would take the Dixie job. In the past, you would be right, a huge step up in talent but I don't think that will be the case in the future. Watch over the next couple of years what Coach Campbell had built at Scott. I think Scott could very well be the best football team in the Kenton County School District as soon as next season.

 

they will be improved but that statement is a reach!!

$.50/ hr or less is par for a high school coach in any sport if they run a good program.

Great candidates locally:Dave Campbell, Steve Lickert, Russ Schearer, Borchers, and Siple. Campbell is not leaving Scott, Lickert I think is home for now, Borchers has better gig at Cooper because Cooper is 5A and never has to worry seeing Trinity or Lousville private schools that "operate" like D1 schools. So, I think Russ needs some more time as an assistant, which leaves Siple. He would bring imagination, experience, and respect to Dixie. No brainer unless someone from down state or out of state comes calling. Brossart would be terrible hire based on him putting CovCath back 10 yrs. Just an opinion. Good luck to remaining playoff teams in NKY!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.