Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the next Coach at Dixie?

Featured Replies

Maybe futurecoach gets his shot. Seems to know football and is passionate.

  • Replies 229
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Leatherneck, it was just a joke...can't take everything so serious

 

Aren't jokes supposed to have a trace of humor? Or at least a :jump:

Borchers is also the AD at Cooper so it would depend if he wanted to give that up. Plus, Dixie's AD is Wilhoit who Borchers worked under at Cooper when Wilhoit was there the first couple of years so it would depend on that relationship as well. I think Borchers has a great gig at Cooper and stays, IMO.

Wow Leatherneck, it was just a joke...can't take everything so serious

 

Sorry then. I had no way of knowing it was a joke.

Sorry then. I had no way of knowing it was a joke.

 

We really do need a sarcastic font. Make bulletin boards so much better.

No doubt that Coach Barth would be good.

 

I still haven't quite figured out what the draw is here. He took over an up and coming new program at a school that has always had it's fair share of athletes-- then proceeded to lose miserably in his first year, catch a good district in a bad year in his 2nd only to then beat Bracken (how they get in playoffs is a joke) and get hammered by Frankfort. Then jump in class to a lower quality opponent (minus Owen this year)(left Beechwood, Bellevue, etc) and lose in the first round of playoffs to a team they beat soundly in the season (looking past Lloyd was a mistake). This makes him a quality candidate for a big time NKY job?!? Not so much.

I think Scott's coach should stay there, they deserve to have a legit HC. Sounds to me like Borchers is doing pretty well at Cooper- so I wouldn't see him moving. I am intrigued about this Siple fella- hear a lot about him and I appreciate offensive innovators since the game has moved from ground and pound over the last few years. Interesting debate for the next weeks/months.. Hopefully for Dixie not months....

Do not rule out Mr. Borchers simply because he has a good team going at Cooper.

Dave Campbell is not only a great coach, he is a great man. I wouldn't blame any school for going after him but I don't think he would take the Dixie job. In the past, you would be right, a huge step up in talent but I don't think that will be the case in the future. Watch over the next couple of years what Coach Campbell had built at Scott. I think Scott could very well be the best football team in the Kenton County School District as soon as next season.

 

To prove that Scott will need to actually play both Dixie and Simon Kenton.

What about Woolf from Ryle? Heck even Warner. I mean if they are going to be 6A like Ryle why not go to a place with great facilities AND open enrollment.

I still haven't quite figured out what the draw is here. He took over an up and coming new program at a school that has always had it's fair share of athletes-- then proceeded to lose miserably in his first year, catch a good district in a bad year in his 2nd only to then beat Bracken (how they get in playoffs is a joke) and get hammered by Frankfort. Then jump in class to a lower quality opponent (minus Owen this year)(left Beechwood, Bellevue, etc) and lose in the first round of playoffs to a team they beat soundly in the season (looking past Lloyd was a mistake). This makes him a quality candidate for a big time NKY job?!? Not so much.
Wow! :eek: You seem to posess a serious lack of knowledge about coaching and what it takes to build a quality program from scratch. It's either that, or you have an agenda.
Wow! :eek: You seem to posess a serious lack of knowledge about coaching and what it takes to build a quality program from scratch. It's either that, or you have an agenda.

 

What would my comment have to do about lack of knowledge in coaching? I simply referenced facts about WV past seasons.. We know you obviously have an agenda- your screen name.. I also believe anyone who posts on here has an agenda, their own. As far as building programs from scratch, you are right, never had the pleasure... Or maybe I have- that you do not know..

Off topic but I see a lot of bengals helmets for avatars. Are they doing better now and people are jumping on the bandwagon or what?

Wow! :eek: You seem to posess a serious lack of knowledge about coaching and what it takes to build a quality program from scratch. It's either that, or you have an agenda.

 

The Last Don showed up on the Bellevue, Owen County and Lloyd threads after Walton lost this year. He likes to get his digs in. He does have an agenda. Coach Barth has his coaching staff where he wants it to be now. Some get a little sour over that. Maybe Last Don should apply at Dixie. I'm sure he'd do a fine job.

The Last Don showed up on the Bellevue, Owen County and Lloyd threads after Walton lost this year. He likes to get his digs in. He does have an agenda. Coach Barth has his coaching staff where he wants it to be now. Some get a little sour over that. Maybe Last Don should apply at Dixie. I'm sure he'd do a fine job.
:thumb:

Lickert will stay at CC, it's interesting to see whom will get this job. Will Dixie draw applicants from across the state? I'm curious on what kind of criteria they want, head coaching experience or will they hire an assistant? Does Borchers leave Cooper after building the program and finally getting away from 6a?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.