Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be the next Coach at Dixie?

Featured Replies

Fresh blood is needed to get the kids excited again about Dixie football. Brossart is a heck of a coach but I'm thinking he needs a change of scenery himself!

  • Replies 229
  • Views 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine. However, if there are qualified candidates that do not apply then I don't want to hear any more about "testing yourself" or "taking on challenges" or whatever other cliches some Birds fans like to throw out when talking about their program.

 

Again, I am not criticizing the coaches. If they love their gig God bless them. Fans just can't have it both ways.

Keeping the "Machine" greased and rolling the way HHS does is just as hard as building a program and probably more pressure. The players and coaches at HHS "Test themselves" and "Take on Challenges" moreso than any other team in NKY. Not sure where you're going with that.
Keeping the "Machine" greased and rolling the way HHS does is just as hard as building a program and probably more pressure. The players and coaches at HHS "Test themselves" and "Take on Challenges" moreso than any other team in NKY. Not sure where you're going with that.

 

So it is harder keeping HHS at the top than rebuilding a program?

Are there any Trinity assistants worthy of a head coaching position?

Are there any Trinity assistants worthy of a head coaching position?

 

 

 

My guess is Dixie will get apps from coaches throughout KY .

My guess is Dixie will get apps from coaches throughout KY .

 

I sure hope so.....I don't feel any of the coaches mentioned would get the kids excited about playing football at Dixie. Just one man's opinion...:D

Randy Borchers? Dave Brossart? Bob Burnett?

 

Really?

 

My guess is Dixie will get apps from coaches throughout KY .

 

You are correct. Very attractive job for many reasons.

 

Of the names mentioned, the two most intriguing are Barth and Siple.

 

Would any Beechwood assistants be interested/qualified? What about CovCath assistants?

 

The school will likely get plenty of inquiries, and have a lot of applications to choose from. When Scott hired a coach a couple years ago, they landed an assistant from a college program. Those type names will be flying around again with this job.

That's fine. However, if there are qualified candidates that do not apply then I don't want to hear any more about "testing yourself" or "taking on challenges" or whatever other cliches some Birds fans like to throw out when talking about their program.

 

Again, I am not criticizing the coaches. If they love their gig God bless them. Fans just can't have it both ways.

 

OK Clyde, that was a reach. Because an asst coach at Highlands wants to remain an asst coach, it somehow undercuts such cliches? :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

A whole lot of asst coaches don't want the time demands or responsibility of being the head coach. That's true at Highlands and at a whole lot of other programs. The Highlands asst coaches that don't apply for head coaching jobs must be just fine with the challenge of winning additional state championships, coming up with additional ways to beat CovCath, achieving additional wins over large Ohio schools, and developing additional outstanding football players. Those are decent challenges if you ask me.

 

While I'm sure you'd love to see the Highlands asst coaching staff broken up (I would too if I was a CovCath fan), you have to have something better than what you posted to try and make it happen. I really doubt that any of them will be too bothered that you think they are not willing to take on a challenge or test themselves if they continue as an asst coach at Highlands and don't apply as a head coach somewhere. I know I'm not bothered by what you think on the subject.

Edited by Birdsfan

Brossart would probably be the easiest insert but with his past at CovCath Im not sure it is that easy. I dont know all the facts about that ordeal at CovCath so im not saying he should be second guessed if he applies for Dixie, but the way it was portrayed in the public media I wouldnt doub it.

 

As far as Highlands assistants are concerned, Weinrich and Turner would be the only two that might have a legitimate shot at taking over a big program like Dixie and I highly doubt they are interested. Both have great positions at Highlands not only on the staff but in the classroom as well.

Dave Campbell, it would be a huge step up in talent for a great coach.

Coach Barth would do a great job at Dixie, BUT I do not seeing him leaving a great situation at Walton. Coach Barth is extremely happy with his coaching staff, administration and parents. I do not see him leaving for Dixie, or any other job in the near future. Now, if a job would open where a team from Campbell County who wears blue and white, then all bets are off. I don't see that happening for many years to come. The Birds have a legend currently coaching and his loyal D Coordinator likely will be his deserving successor.

Dave Campbell, it would be a huge step up in talent for a great coach.

 

Ain't gonna happen. Scott is going to surprise a lot of people over the next few years. Campbell is committed to turning things around. He could have had almost any job he wanted when he came to Scott.

Kevin Siple.....

 

If he was that close according to the PHM to being hired as CovCath's coach, I can see him having some serious interest in the Dixie job. And why wouldn't Dixie want another Highlands guy....

OK Clyde, that was a reach. Because an asst coach at Highlands wants to remain an asst coach, it somehow undercuts such cliches? If my computer settings were different, I'd insert a bunch of laugh icons here.

 

A whole lot of asst coaches don't want the time demands or responsibility of being the head coach. That's true at Highlands and at a whole lot of other programs. The Highlands asst coaches that don't apply for head coaching jobs must be just fine with the challenge of winning additional state championships, coming up with additional ways to beat CovCath, achieving additional wins over large Ohio schools, and developing additional outstanding football players. Those are decent challenges if you ask me.

 

While I'm sure you'd love to see the Highlands asst coaching staff broken up (I would too if I was a CovCath fan), you have to have something better than what you posted to try and make it happen. I really doubt that any of them will be too bothered that you think they are not willing to take on a challenge or test themselves if they continue as an asst coach at Highlands and don't apply as a head coach somewhere. I know I'm not bothered by what you think on the subject.

 

You ever lay in bed and think you didn't word something properly and just know you're going to get nailed by morning? That was me last night.

 

As I said previously it certainly was not a shot at any of the current staff.

 

History says good coaches often come from good staffs and Highlands , by all accounts, has a good staff. So logic says there would be strong candidates from that staff.

 

BTW, for the record, I'm not trying to make anything happen to break up the staff. You assume way too much "care" on my part in that area.

 

My point is that , to be honest, I am tired of hearing the constant "you have to challenge yourself" "why settle" "push yourself" "competitors don't back down from challenges" from a few fans when it comes to other programs yet here's an example of where current assistant coaches at Highlands , some talented enough to be legit candidates, choose not to apply to rebuild Dixie's program. That's all I'm saying.

 

Now, you mention that there are reasons they do not want to apply. Fine. Perfect. I respect their decisions and ,frankly, do not care what those reasons are. However, I'd ask that before fans in the future make such declarations to how a program should be ran or how a coach should dedicate himself more or how a coach should push his players hard that we remember that there may be reasons that they do not that are not known to us or that have to be satisfactory to us.

 

Fair?

The answer might not be a happy, capable assistant from another program. The answer might come in the form of an unhappy, capable assitant from another program that is in the middle of a power struggle that he has no chance of winning and is looking to break away for a fresh start.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.