Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 125 Morehouse 40

Featured Replies

I think it was like 63-4 with a few minutes to go in first half and a Morehouse player picked up his dribble about the elbow and got trapped, they had a player break backdoor and he got the ball and made the layup. The woman beside me was going crazy about the bad defense and I about lost it. Cats fans are nuts!

 

That is sure a true statement.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last night was a perfect storm of a talented team that was challenged in practice by their coach up against a lesser team that didn't know what they were getting themselves into. Impressive display.

 

Agreed. If Morehouse had been the first exhibition, it may have been much closer. And subsequently, had Transy been the second exhibition, it could have been just as bad as last night.

The Cats odds to win it all on SportsBook went from 6-1 to 3-1 after their game last night.

My question is WHY would you play a team like that knowing you were going wo win by 80 plus points when they scheduled them. I started watching and in a short time turned it off--gee
Cal met the team earlier this year at the ESPN pannel discussion that he took part in. He met them and took a picture with the team. I guess giving them this payday was a way of helping out their program.

I'd say it was a cool experience for the kids from Morehouse and I'd say UK picked up at least 12 more fans at Morehouse last night.

Cal met the team earlier this year at the ESPN pannel discussion that he took part in. He met them and took a picture with the team. I guess giving them this payday was a way of helping out their program.

 

Exactly Morehouse got a huge pay day with this game, if any thing this was a good deed.

The thing I take away most from this game is how much everything has changed and how Kentucky Basketball has finally got back to what it used to be. Watching the game I thought to myself, man a few years ago you were lucky to even see a dunk in a Kentucky game, now they are throwing lobs off the glass. It's just so awesome to finally see an exciting brand of basketball once again in Rupp Arena. Going to be such a fun year, so many guys on this team who can just throw it down. Going to see some nasty poster dunks this season.

Zero chance this scrimmage made UK any better. They would have been better off staying in the Craft Center going 5-on-5.

 

Why not get a high-caliber D2 team like Bellarmine or NKU?

Zero chance this scrimmage made UK any better. They would have been better off staying in the Craft Center going 5-on-5.

 

Why not get a high-caliber D2 team like Bellarmine or NKU?

 

I don't think this game was as much about getting better as it was doing a favor. Cal spoke at the MLK thing and it was put on by Morehouse College I think. The invite for them to play in Rupp came on the heels of that. Trend since Cal has been here for the exhibition games is one game against in state school (Pikeville, Transy, etc.) and another "favor" game against former Kentucky/Calipari associates, etc.

I don't think this game was as much about getting better as it was doing a favor. Cal spoke at the MLK thing and it was put on by Morehouse College I think. The invite for them to play in Rupp came on the heels of that. Trend since Cal has been here for the exhibition games is one game against in state school (Pikeville, Transy, etc.) and another "favor" game against former Kentucky/Calipari associates, etc.

 

That's fine.

 

However, playing Transy and Morehouse has done nothing to make this team better. I fully realize that no team is going to compete with them but you need teams that can challenge you somewhat in forcing you to run an offense or stay in a defense while they run their sets.

I can think of 7 or 8 in-state schools that would have given a better showing than Moorehouse did on this night. All these schools would have pocketed money to benefit their programs as well. Moorehouse, really?

That's fine.

 

However, playing Transy and Morehouse has done nothing to make this team better. I fully realize that no team is going to compete with them but you need teams that can challenge you somewhat in forcing you to run an offense or stay in a defense while they run their sets.

 

I see both sides. But I think Cal did this as a return favor for being able to appear at the Morehouse/MLK panel. Perhaps more exposure for Cal, and therefore UK, eclipses any on-the-court benefits? Just a thought.

Exactly Morehouse got a huge pay day with this game, if any thing this was a good deed.

 

One of the announcers called it a "financial shot in the arm" which made me laugh.

I think it was pretty cool of Cal to schedule Morehouse. He got some points from me for that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.