November 22, 201114 yr I like the add of another wildcard! Gives the fans a game7 feel to kickoff the playoffs.
November 23, 201114 yr I've said this before, but I really don't see the excitement of adding another WC team. The only potential for excitement during the end of the regular season is going to be whether a team gets in, or doesn't. For example this past year, all the drama surrounding the slides of Boston and Atlanta would be gone. Both would have easily gotten into this extra WC slot. Boston would've had a 4 game lead on the Angels, and Atlanta would've had a 3 game advantage over San Fran. Yes, it's going to get one other team's fan base excited about making the playoffs...very, very briefly. Someone's going home after 1 game. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
November 29, 201114 yr The Reds have named David Bell as their new Louisville manager replacing Rick Sweet.
November 29, 201114 yr Jamie Ramsey @Jamieblog Jamie Ramsey Rick Sweet will remain with the Reds as a minor league catching coordinator.
November 29, 201114 yr Why did Sweet leave the Bats job? The Reds didn't want to have to change managers mid season for their AAA club when they fire Dusty, and replace him with Sweet. :sssh:
November 30, 201114 yr The Reds didn't want to have to change managers mid season for their AAA club when they fire Dusty, and replace him with Sweet. :sssh: It does make one think. You promote your AA manager to the AAA club and move out your successful AAA manager and give him a "roving catcher instructor" position? Of course when I was listening to Marty B this afternoon he stated that Rick Sweet was thrilled with the decision. Don't know if Marty was stating fact or being sarcastic.
November 30, 201114 yr It does make one think. You promote your AA manager to the AAA club and move out your successful AAA manager and give him a "roving catcher instructor" position? Of course when I was listening to Marty B this afternoon he stated that Rick Sweet was thrilled with the decision. Don't know if Marty was stating fact or being sarcastic. Marty being sarcastic? Nawwwwwww.... The sad thing is that if the Reds make a mid-season manegerial move, it means they're playing horrible. While I wouldn't mind seeing Dusty gone, I'd rather see the Reds succeed right off the bat.
December 1, 201114 yr Ramon Hernandez signed with the Rockies. Hate to see Ramon go. He was really solid in his time with the Reds.
December 1, 201114 yr Hate to see Ramon go. He was really solid in his time with the Reds. They'll be okay. Hanigan is solid enough if Mesoraco isn't ready to catch 120 games....and I'm not sure offensively he is.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.