Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I can't tell where I read it, but it was written after conferring with some scouts. He plays CF for Cuba's natiional team, I guess, but from the picture I've seen of him, he looks to be built more like a corner guy.
I've read quite a bit on him and everything says CF...
  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Dale Sveum will be the next Cubs skipper.

I do not like this move at all, if it's true.

I've read quite a bit on him and everything says CF...
Opinions differ ...

Same guy who reported LaRussa's retirement in early October is calling a Pujols announcement tomorrow and he is resigned with the Cardinals.

They do. I'd be interested to read it.
Can't find it, but there are reports that several teams have interest in him as a corner outfielder. According to one report, the Yankees would keep Granderson in center and put Cespedes in right. Frankly, that makes me wonder because Granderson's defense isn't all that great in center.
  • Author
Can't find it, but there are reports that several teams have interest in him as a corner outfielder. According to one report, the Yankees would keep Granderson in center and put Cespedes in right. Frankly, that makes me wonder because Granderson's defense isn't all that great in center.
Interesting, I know the Marlins are thinking CFer. Having never seen him play besides the WBC (which I don't remember him particularly well) and the Kenny Powers-made highlight video it's hard to judge for myself. I haven't looked, but I also don't see the internet being full of advanced fielding stats from the Cuban national baseball team.
A St Louis radio station says the Cards will announce the signing of Pujols on Friday.

 

Sorry Clyde didn't see you already posted this.

I do not like this move at all, if it's true.

 

It is true.

Sveum as the new head man in Chicago surprises me. If I was a Cubs fan, I'd be disappointed. Would've thought Theo would've tried to make more of a splash. Just don't see Dale as the type you're going to get players to rally around, or to entice FA to sign to play for. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

 

Looks like Houston is heading to the American League West...which will benefit the Reds and the others in the division from having to unfairly compete in the largest division in the majors. Now all divisions, in both leagues will have 5 teams. But, it also means that interleague play will be mandatory from opening day to the final game. As more of a "purist", can't say that I'm all that excited about that. Will be interesting to see how they do the scheduling.

 

Also, looks like there's going to be another wild card for both leagues. I know I heard a lot of talk about how exciting it was this year with the Cardinals chasing the Braves and the Rays going after the Red Sox, and how it could be even better with another wild card slot up for grabs. But, here's the thing...if we had the extra spot this year...both the Red Sox and the Braves would've still gotten in, and we would've lost all that drama. There's only going to be real excitement when there's everything on the line...either you win and get in, or you lose and go home. And that's only going to be the "bubble teams". I certainly hope baseball isn't heading the way of the NBA or the NHL.

Sveum as the new head man in Chicago surprises me. If I was a Cubs fan, I'd be disappointed. Would've thought Theo would've tried to make more of a splash. Just don't see Dale as the type you're going to get players to rally around, or to entice FA to sign to play for. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
The Cubs aren't going to contend for 2-3 years and it makes no sense to bring in a bunch of free agents. Epstein and Co. are smart enough to know that they need to build the organization from within. Francona may have had the job if he wanted it, but he can tell that it isn't going to happen anytime soon, and if/when he wants to get back in, he can find a job with a better short-term outlook. Sveum might be a good manager, and honestly, he won't have much pressure from the top because he isn't expected to win right away.
The Cubs aren't going to contend for 2-3 years and it makes no sense to bring in a bunch of free agents. Epstein and Co. are smart enough to know that they need to build the organization from within. Francona may have had the job if he wanted it, but he can tell that it isn't going to happen anytime soon, and if/when he wants to get back in, he can find a job with a better short-term outlook. Sveum might be a good manager, and honestly, he won't have much pressure from the top because he isn't expected to win right away.

 

Tell that to the Cubs fans! :D

Tell that to the Cubs fans! :D
Epstein is in charge. It matters only what he and the front office think. Catering to the fans is what got the Cubs in the mess they're in now.

Looks like the radio station was wrong about Pujols. No surprise...

Looks like the radio station was wrong about Pujols. No surprise...

 

I'm not in STL today. I would be curious to hear what they're now saying.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.