Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing a lot of you all are missing in the whole Cubs thing is that having Sveum on board is going to help them in the pursuit of Prince Fielder. If Theo can land Fielder then I don't care what Sveum brings to the managerial aspect of the club considering I doubt he would be any worst than Quade. All those still scratching their head about the hiring of Sveum can now say well that makes a little sense. This wasn't as much about his coaching credentials as it was his coaching connections IMO.

Edited by dolamite

One thing a lot of you all are missing in the whole Cubs thing is that having Sveum on board is going to help them in the pursuit of Prince Fielder. If Theo can land Fielder then I don't care what Sveum brings to the managerial aspect of the club considering I doubt he would be any worst than Quade. All those still scratching their head about the hiring of Sveum can now say well that makes a little sense. This wasn't as much about his coaching credentials as it was his coaching connections IMO.

 

I think Chicago is clearly the leader for Prince.

Please tell me this is a joke....

 

He didn't say who was involved from the Reds side.

^To me, it doesn't matter. This team needs starting pitching or the closer, like last year, won't matter. If they really would consider trading any of their "valuable" pieces for Bailey, I really question what their real goal is.

I think Chicago is clearly the leader for Prince.

 

And if they land him I think they can be a force here in a couple more seasons. Epstein will get it turned around but it will take a couple of years to get some certain pieces in place and get the overall attitude changed. I also feel Sveum is a good manager and will have a lot more success than people think. He will be one of the main figures to change the attitude in the organization and make them a lot tougher and grittier.

He didn't say who was involved from the Reds side.

 

mlbtraderumors said the A's are interested in Yonder Alonso. If Walt trades him for a closer I'm going to be very upset.

^Walt has been very poor in the past year or so with moves IMO. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

^Walt has been very poor in the past year or so with moves IMO. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

 

If he's trading Yonder to the A's it better involve Gio Gonzalez

  • Author
If he's trading Yonder to the A's it better involve Gio Gonzalez
I don't know if the A's would do that. I bet the price on Gio will be VERY high.
If he's trading Yonder to the A's it better involve Gio Gonzalez
Keep dreaming ... Alonso's market value isn't quite as high as you think it is.
I don't know if the A's would do that. I bet the price on Gio will be VERY high.

 

Then Yonder shouldn't be traded.

Keep dreaming ... Alonso's market value isn't quite as high as you think it is.

 

Pretty sure he's saying, they better not waste their top trade chip on a freaking closer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.