Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

^So when does Shields become an ace? Does he have to do it for 5 straight years? That's insane. Shields is a bonafide #1 starter, everyone around baseball knows it.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like Marlins are serious in their pursuit of Pujols. Apparently 10 yr offer on the table.

 

It's official. The offer is on the table.

^If the only thing stopping Pujols from signing it, is the absence of a no trade clause, you've got to think the Marlins will cave.

  • Author
^If the only thing stopping Pujols from signing it, is the absence of a no trade clause, you've got to think the Marlins will cave.
I'm not so sure. They never have before and the FO is pretty adamant that they won't. I think Buerhle would be a Marlin right now if they'd cave for him and it doesn't look like the FO is going to.

10 years is a long long time and it will likely hurt them big time at the end of his contract. If I was a Marlin fan I would be happy they are trying to win now but you have to be worried about what the future holds.

  • Author
10 years is a long long time and it will likely hurt them big time at the end of his contract. If I was a Marlin fan I would be happy they are trying to win now but you have to be worried about what the future holds.
Going to put my hands over my ears. See...I can't hear you now. :D
  • Author

Hanley keeps tweeting pictures of him and Miggy working out. I wish we'd sign Pujols and then immediately flip him for Miggy. Then you would be looking at the most excited fan in sports.

  • Author

Pujols wants protection for the first five years of contract...then his 10/5 would kick in.

  • Author

I can hardly work thinking about a lineup that has Hanley, Pujols, Reyes, Stanton, and LoMo. WOW, that lineup would flat out rake.

Cardinals are still going to meet with Pujols today..... So its not like he is a Marlin yet.

^So when does Shields become an ace? Does he have to do it for 5 straight years? That's insane. Shields is a bonafide #1 starter, everyone around baseball knows it.

 

He has to do it for more than one season--which is what he has done.

  • Author
I think Pujols stays a Card...
I actually agree. But it's fun to be in the talks. Truth be told, I'd rather the money be used elsewhere but if he is signed I won't be complaining.

I don't see the Cardinals matching the 10 yr deal though. The Cardinals don't have to go big here, they've won more than any other NL team in the past 10 yrs or so.

Hanley keeps tweeting pictures of him and Miggy working out. I wish we'd sign Pujols and then immediately flip him for Miggy. Then you would be looking at the most excited fan in sports.

 

 

Can't see Pujols signing a contract without a no trade clause.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.