Just an IDEA....

RockPride

I am mainly upset that people want us to change OUR guidelines becuase they WON'T change theirs. That upsets me.

What would you suggest as the proper solution? Neither side can change their guidelines, mostly for financial reasons. The private schools need to draw from as large an area as possible to survive. The public schools need to follow guidelines set down by the state and their local boards. The privates can draw from multiple counties or even states, the publics with open enrollment can draw from other schools within their district, the schools with reciprical agreements can take students from other districts, and some schools only allow students from within their own boundaries. All have legitiment reasons for what they do and it works well for them in most cases with the glaring example of athletic parity.

I am mainly upset that people want us to change OUR guidelines becuase they WON'T change theirs. That upsets me.

I would agree that schools and districts should do as they please as far as

enrollment policy.However, I think that those who have open enrollment(not just private schools)should possibly move up in class.On average, the privates will definitely provide a better education trhan publics and if a family can do that for their children they should!My middle son went to private school in elem. and middle school,but attends public school in high school.I have seen both sides of the coin, which most posters have not.I have seen firsthand the advantages and in my opinion,they are enough to the schools

that have the pick of the litter so to speak to have to play up a class!

I am FOR your freedom of choice, but to use an analogy,Open enrollment schools have V-8's closed enrollment publics have 4 Cyls. It's not a fair race! :D

In this PC day and age when the make up of elected bodies is expected to reflect the racial breakdown of the population, when schools are required to maintain a certain racial percentage, when for fear of offending anyone Happy Holidays has replaced Merry Christmas why sould we expect anyting other then 80% of thw schools in KJSAA are public, therefore they are ENTITLED to 80% of the championships?