wailupebob

Who wins?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of this. Do the schools split the money no matter who is the home team?

Correct. The home team is responsible for "running" the game (securing the stadium, security, other workers and about a million other details) but in the end, the net proceeds are split between the two schools. Same with the basketball game.

Anything interesting @ luncheon? or just coach speak?

Little different than years prior. Coaches did not speak. They had Alum from each school host/speak. Will Wolford from X & Alan Hennessey from T. I didn't like all the sponsor signage they had around the stage as it blocked seeing people speak at times. I understand they have to have it but it needs to be placed behind it. All in all it was a nice event for a great cause.

I think the Rocks are too big and strong in the trenches this year for the Tigers. I think X will be forced to make the decision soon on when to abandon the run (at least in the box) and go towards the spread. Trinity's defensive line is the strength of the defense, and historically, if X cannot run the ball inside they lose.

I assume X is still running the 4-2-5 which may cause the Rocks some problems on offense. As usual, X will be extremely well coached and disguise their pressure adroitly. Look for Sermershein to have an impactful game for the Tigers, especially if he rolls up into the box often. Sounds like X played Moeller very tough, and but for a fumble, could have won the game.

As an old poster on this board opines, let's see if the pendulum is still swinging in the same direction or if it trends back towards the middle.

Trinity 38

There is no way in the world that this poor Tiger team belongs on the same field with the all-time greatest high school team in the history of Kentucky High School Football. To make matters even worse, the Baby Bengals made the humongous mistake of defeating Trinity's invincible freshman team (who even used the services of super-star Donald Brooks for the first team at the frosh level) 24-21 tonight. This means that Trinity is no longer amongst the undefeated teams at all levels. This deflating experience will just further incite the anger of the monsters of the St Matthews midway. This could get really ugly!

ST. X. 20 - TRINITY 17 :sssh: :scared: :sssh:

Things aren't really heating up. Something you have to expect from the kitties is that if they don't think they will win, they stick their noses in the air and insinuate that there is somehow something wrong with the way Trinity does things. It's just their way. I expect a close game, but there is NO margin of victory that is too large for my taste. With the kittens winning the freshman game we won't have to worry about Coach Beatty running around the field waving a broom or something silly like that. Oh wait, we wouldn' have to worry about that under any circumstances. In most things I have grown more moderate with age. My distaste for Poplar Level high only grows. Go Rocks.