wailupebob

Who wins?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing that happened to T was the first half from last night's game. I think T will win by at least a few TDs, but a one-pt OT win will work also. X has nothing to lose. If the Tigers win it will be 100 times more impressive than any T victory over X when T was the apparent underdog. The thing I feel good about is that Beatty sometimes beats Glaser when T is the underdog, but he always beats Glaser when T is the favorite.

Glaser just can't help himself. I bet Coach Beatty hasn't forgotten Glaser's sideline antics and post game comments the last time X beat T. I bet a little payback might be in order. I certaintly hope so.

"Go ROCKS. Beat X"

I don't know if Coach Beatty has forgotten, but I haven't. I am predicting a very tight game, but there is no margin of victory that is too big for my taste.

NOt so. I heard it in his post-game comments after the victory at Central last night. BEfore he even left the field.'

He ended it with he "just has a bunch of high school kids." If I had not heard it..I would not have believed it.

85 - you are reading way too much into this. I think the only analogy here is that Glaser feels like he is playing a D2 team on Friday. We are talking talent and nothing else. Believe what you want.

For those who do not know, could someone post a brief synopsis of the issues between Glaser/X and Beatty/T? It sounds like there has been some bad blood in recent years... What happened?

I'll take a shot at it. Before I start I'll admit that I look at it through green and white glasses, not green and yellow glasses.

First, Coach Beatty was brought in from Kansas City to be the Trinity coach. There has been an undercurrent from many on the X side that bringing in an "outsider" was somehow wrong. Coach Beatty won right from start. That created some resentment. Second, in 2005, 2007 and 2008, I think that Coach Glaser honestly felt that he had the better team only to see Trinity take the title. Coach Glaser was never shy about letting people know that he thought the better team lost those games. When X had a regular season sweep, Coach Glaser saw fit to rub it in with a broom. That created a lot of resentment on the Trinity side. He also saw fit to downplay the rain shortened Trinity win in 2006 as somehow no legitimate (see the umbrella). In 2009 when X had the better team, Coach Glaser chose to run a fake field goal for a touchdown late in a game where they had a big lead. Then he chose to rub it in by tipping his hat to the Trinity side after the touchdown. That has not been forgotten. Finally, after the success Trinity has had over the past few years, Trinity is attracting a much larger share of the talent. That is causing a lot of resentment from the X side. There is some bad blood. That said, X is a fine school. They will be back. I have only seen them play once, but I saw a team that will fight to the end. I expect a Trinity win, but I expect a tight game. My guess is that there is a twenty percent chance of an X win. A sixty percent chance of a Trinity win in a close game and a twenty percent chance of a big Trinity win.

I'll take a shot at it. Before I start I'll admit that I look at it through green and white glasses, not green and yellow glasses.

I have only seen them play once, but I saw a team that will fight to the end. I expect a Trinity win, but I expect a tight game. My guess is that there is a twenty percent chance of an X win. A sixty percent chance of a Trinity win in a close game and a twenty percent chance of a big Trinity win.

what game did you see?