wailupebob

Who wins?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things aren't really heating up. Something you have to expect from the kitties is that if they don't think they will win, they stick their noses in the air and insinuate that there is somehow something wrong with the way Trinity does things. It's just their way. I expect a close game, but there is NO margin of victory that is too large for my taste. With the kittens winning the freshman game we won't have to worry about Coach Beatty running around the field waving a broom or something silly like that. Oh wait, we wouldn' have to worry about that under any circumstances. In most things I have grown more moderate with age. My distaste for Poplar Level high only grows. Go Rocks.

BINGO!!!!!

Things aren't really heating up. Something you have to expect from the kitties is that if they don't think they will win, they stick their noses in the air and insinuate that there is somehow something wrong with the way Trinity does things. It's just their way. I expect a close game, but there is NO margin of victory that is too large for my taste. With the kittens winning the freshman game we won't have to worry about Coach Beatty running around the field waving a broom or something silly like that. Oh wait, we wouldn' have to worry about that under any circumstances. In most things I have grown more moderate with age. My distaste for Poplar Level high only grows. Go Rocks.

I think there is a direct connection between the bolded statements that is the basis for many T fans and their dislike for X football. I'm not sure this applies to the other sports as the rivalries have continued without similar "antics" from the coaching staffs.

With 2 perfect 36s on the ACT this year (including one member of the football team) I'd say T is pretty Ivy League itself. That being said, My best friend (who is a St. X grad) told me yesterday that he thinks attendance will be down because when X fans think they won't win some of their fans stay home. To borrow the "blue collar" moniker from a previous post, T fans show up regardless. Go Rocks! Everyone (on both teams) come out of the game healthy!

With 2 perfect 36s on the ACT this year (including one member of the football team) I'd say T is pretty Ivy League itself. That being said, My best friend (who is a St. X grad) told me yesterday that he thinks attendance will be down because when X fans think they won't win some of their fans stay home. To borrow the "blue collar" moniker from a previous post, T fans show up regardless. Go Rocks! Everyone (on both teams) come out of the game healthy!

My reference is to their Elitist attitudes. Certaintly not intelligence.

GO ROCKS

In the immortal words of Coach Andrew Coverdale... "Defeat the Xaverian menace."

Closer than maybe some expect I'm thinking.

Shamrocks 31

Tigers 14

Trinity's motto is "Maximo Animi Ardore;" a useful translation is "With Most Fervent Desire." It's taken from a prayer commonly said after Holy Communion. It is, of course, meant to represent a most fervent desire for God's grace, forgiveness and wisdom, but I always think of it when this game is about to be played. There isn't a Trinity alumnus or student whose most fervent desire this week isn't to see Trinity walk off that field with a victory over the Tigers.

Good Luck, Shamrocks.

Jealousy breeds contempt - Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!