Goetta Fest

GrizzlyAdams

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had that sandwich. It's fantastic.

For the last couple years, I've been able to get Glier's Goetta from Kroger stores here in Louisville. It's the best development in local grocery shopping since the Highlands Value Market put in a beer cave.

I can get rolls of Glier's at my Kroger here in Bardstown as well.

I've had that sandwich. It's fantastic.

For the last couple years, I've been able to get Glier's Goetta from Kroger stores here in Louisville. It's the best development in local grocery shopping since the Highlands Value Market put in a beer cave.

In what section at Kroger does one find Goetta? Friend of mine from Fort Thomas got me started on the stuff.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

In what section at Kroger does one find Goetta? Friend of mine from Fort Thomas got me started on the stuff.

Should be by the Bob Evans rolls of sausage and the like. But if you're in Louisville, I doubt you'll find it. it's pretty Cincinnati exclusive. I've lived here all my life, and hadn't had goetta until about 4 months ago. Now I love the stuff. I'm definitely hitting goettafest.

With the sausage. Sits right next to the Old Folks hot sausage at the Kroger in the Highlands. It's pretty often I'll pick up one of each, conveniently forgetting whatever promises I made before leaving for the store about buying carrots and hummus.

Isn't Glier's considered middle of the road Goetta? In other words, not bad but there are several better types?

I see it as the most mass-produced type, them and Queen City, which I have occasionally found here in Bardstown at our local butcher shop. Some small restaurants have different blends they use, and you can pick up some other stuff at places like Findlay Market.