Goetta Fest

GrizzlyAdams

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Glier's Goetta Fest is coming up...August 2-5 down on the Newport Riverfront.

Goetta Dishes from 2011:

Goetta Nachos

Goetta Wrap

Goetta Hash

Hot Brown with Turkey Goetta

Goetta Burrito

Goetta Chedda Cheese

Goetta Corn Dog

Goetta Melt

Deep Fried Goetta Balls

Goetta Rangoon

Goetta Fried Rice

Goetta Sushi

Goetta Spring Roll

Sesame Chicken with Goetta

Goetta Steak and Eggs

Goetta Hoagie

Goetta Egg Roll

Goetta Coney

Goetta Chili Cheese Chilito

Goetta Way

Goetta Burger

Goetta Mac & Cheese

Goetta Stuffed Baked Potato

Goetta Fries

Goetta Goobers

Goetta Brownie

Goetta Pizza

Goetta Calzone

Yep. Hadn't even heard of it until it became popular around here. I think my grandparents ate it though.
Goetta has been as popular with the German population around here as long as there has been Germans here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Man do I love this stuff. I really have to get up to Goetta Fest one of these years.

I was introduced the wonderful stuff by a good friend of mine who grew up in Covington.

Had some just a few weeks ago.

Once I'm living down in Louisville, goetta is going to be one of the regular staples that I bring back from visits with family and friends in NKY. We can make an arrangement. :lol2:

Also, Tom + Chee has a great grilled cheese sandwich called the "Armagoetta": Pepperjack cheese, goetta, fried onions, peppers, and sweet & spicy mustard on rye. It's well worth stopping in to try.

Once I'm living down in Louisville, goetta is going to be one of the regular staples that I bring back from visits with family and friends in NKY. We can make an arrangement. :lol2:

Also, Tom + Chee has a great grilled cheese sandwich called the "Armagoetta": Pepperjack cheese, goetta, fried onions, peppers, and sweet & spicy mustard on rye. It's well worth stopping in to try.

I've had that sandwich. It's fantastic.

For the last couple years, I've been able to get Glier's Goetta from Kroger stores here in Louisville. It's the best development in local grocery shopping since the Highlands Value Market put in a beer cave.

I've had that sandwich. It's fantastic.

For the last couple years, I've been able to get Glier's Goetta from Kroger stores here in Louisville. It's the best development in local grocery shopping since the Highlands Value Market put in a beer cave.

That's an invaluable piece of information to have.

Last weekend my good buddy from Covington was alone for the weekend. His wife and kids were all out of town. He treated that as an opportunity to pretend he was still in college. That Friday night we had WAY too much drink while playing cards with some other friends. At about 3 am, he decided we needed some food. In no condition to drive anywhere, he decided we needed to cook something. We went through his cabinets, refrigerator and freezer to find ANYTHING we could whip up into a late snack.

What happened was what he called the "Covington Three-Way" because it reminded him of being at Skyline. It was a bowl that was filled up with tater tots, a heap of fried-up goetta over them and some cheese on top.

It was heaven. Try it... seriously. I may never have pizza, a burrito or White Castles as a late-night snack ever again.

Last weekend my good buddy from Covington was alone for the weekend. His wife and kids were all out of town. He treated that as an opportunity to pretend he was still in college. That Friday night we had WAY too much drink while playing cards with some other friends. At about 3 am, he decided we needed some food. In no condition to drive anywhere, he decided we needed to cook something. We went through his cabinets, refrigerator and freezer to find ANYTHING we could whip up into a late snack.

What happened was what he called the "Covington Three-Way" because it reminded him of being at Skyline. It was a bowl that was filled up with tater tots, a heap of fried-up goetta over them and some cheese on top.

It was heaven. Try it... seriously. I may never have pizza, a burrito or White Castles as a late-night snack ever again.

Sounds very similar to my regular order at the Anchor Grill in Covington. (By "regular", I mean the order that I always get when I go - not that I go there regularly any more.)

Home fries with cheese and an order of goetta. Their home fries are just hash browns. When I get my order, I take both and just mix the whole thing up together. It's absolutely delicious, and by any estimation of mine, the variation you and your buddy had would be just as good.

Sounds very similar to my regular order at the Anchor Grill in Covington. (By "regular", I mean the order that I always get when I go - not that I go there regularly any more.)

Home fries with cheese and an order of goetta. Their home fries are just hash browns. When I get my order, I take both and just mix the whole thing up together. It's absolutely delicious, and by any estimation of mine, the variation you and your buddy had would be just as good.

I'll freely admit that I can't say with any certainty how great is was (for reasons obvious from my story) but at the time, it was the greatest thing I've ever eaten.