Goetta Fest

GrizzlyAdams

Many like goetta, but scrapple is betta.

We went to the Italian fest on the levee last weekend. Next up for us - the Panegyri Greek fest in a couple of weekends. Well worth the 70+ mile trek for us.

I'm gonna differ from you on the scrapple vs. goetta. I've got homemade and store-bought varieties of both in the freezer right now, and both have their time and place...but I've got to go with the goetta.

...and the Panegyri is always great. It's been a couple years, but I think I might make this the year to go back.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going. Got the Greek fest and Roebling fest the following weekend. Was at Italian fest last weekend. Prime Rib Canneloni from Bella Luna was the best.

My wife and I were there Saturday night...line was too long for Bella Luna, should have waited I guess. Had the cannolis, the shells were OK, but the filling was just chocolate ice cream. The ones I had at Grand Central Station in New York City were bigger and had a filling made of what I think was sweetened Ricotta cheese and chocolate chips mixed in. To die for...WOW!!

Side note...went to Goetta Fest in Newport last year and had the Goetta Brownie, now that was good...that mixture of salty and sweet. You should try it!!

First (and only) time I had Goetta was last year, in the hospital. And that's not because it was the only place I felt safe enough to do so! :cool:
With your last name you have only had Goetta once !!!!!!!!!!!?