July 28, 201115 yr Yup. Bruce beat the Bengals starting for the Bucs under Jay Gruden in 2006. I still remember the BS roughing penalty against Justin Smith that absolutely killed the Bengals that day.
July 28, 201115 yr Glad to see Gallery agree to terms w/ the 'Hawks. Sidney Rice, you're next! You got your man- Sidney Rice headed to Seattle. Steve Breaston is leaving Arizona for KC.
July 28, 201115 yr Looks like Reggie Bush is headed to Miami. Albert Haynesworth to New England for a 5th round pick in 2013. Looks like things are taking off. AJ Green agreed to terms with the Bengals. All this info is from Adam Schefter via twitter.
July 28, 201115 yr With Breaston going to KC, and the pending trade of Kolb to Arizona, could that be a nice fit for Randy Moss? Or how about St. Louis?
July 28, 201115 yr I heard the Pats traded a 5th rounder for Haynesworth. Indeed, they did. With the Redskins still picking up the tab on the majority of the money that they are paying Haynesworth (through bonuses, etc), I have to think the Patriots took a rather minor risk while picking up potential for enormous upside. NE defense is quite young, and this move makes them very, very dangerous. Old Bill and Robert Kraft up there in Foxborough strike again with another bold move that I predict will truly work out for them tremendously.
July 28, 201115 yr Author http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/ The team has agreed to terms with A.J. Green. Per a league source, the deal for four years at $19.6 million plus performance incentives (the $19.6 million is guaranteed). There is a club option to extend the deal to a fifth year which must be exercised after the 2013 season. Green’s salary for 2015 would then be the average salary of the top 10 receivers. To show the brand new world of the rookie salary system, last year’s fourth overall pick, Trent Williams, signed a six-year contract with the Redskins worth $60 million with $26.4 million guaranteed at signing.
July 28, 201115 yr http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/ The team has agreed to terms with A.J. Green. Per a league source, the deal for four years at $19.6 million plus performance incentives (the $19.6 million is guaranteed). There is a club option to extend the deal to a fifth year which must be exercised after the 2013 season. Green’s salary for 2015 would then be the average salary of the top 10 receivers. To show the brand new world of the rookie salary system, last year’s fourth overall pick, Trent Williams, signed a six-year contract with the Redskins worth $60 million with $26.4 million guaranteed at signing. I guess I should have looked in this thread first before I started the thread about Green signing.
July 28, 201115 yr With Breaston going to KC, and the pending trade of Kolb to Arizona, could that be a nice fit for Randy Moss? Or how about St. Louis? Moss in KC would be a great fit- they ran a lot of the same schemes as New England last season. Plus Matt Cassel has experience with Moss- Breaston and Bowe with Moss seems like a solid 3 at WR to me. I'm still holding out hope that he ends up with the Jets, though.
July 28, 201115 yr Why he comes from the same bunch as your QB. I'm pretty sure our QB has not been to prison, or even arrested... :lol:
July 28, 201115 yr Desean Jackson is holding out. He is set to be paid just over $500,000 going in to this 4th year. He has been to the Pro Bowl twice I believe. Riley Cooper makes more than him. Cannot say I blame him.
July 28, 201115 yr I like the Haynesworth move by New England. If focused and motivated, he can be the most dominant lineman in the league...imagine putting that on the front with Wilfork and Warren. If it doesn't work, they'll cut their losses, which will be minor. Little risk, with big upside. And, even if he can't be as good as he was in Tennessee, he'll still be worth the cost.
July 28, 201115 yr Plax is also flying to Pittsburgh to meet with Tomlin. Not sure I want him. I'm all for the bad apple staying in the Big Apple... That bad apple was one of the main reasons the G-Men won the super bowl in 2007. If Plax hadn't shot himself in 2008, the Giants would have had a much better shot at going back to back. I believe they were 11-1 or so when he shot himself, and finished 12-4, lost in the first round of the playoffs. Not saying he will be as good as he was before, but if he's cheap I trust Reese/Coughlin will make the right decision as to whether they should bring him back or not.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.