April 11, 201115 yr It's back for 2011. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/06/espn-brings-back-jon-grudens-quarterback-camp/
April 12, 201115 yr I missed it last night...can't wait to catch it on. I absolutely loved last year's edition.
April 13, 201115 yr What is it? I've seen the highlights to an extent but never even realized til now that its a show?
April 13, 201115 yr Author What is it? I've seen the highlights to an extent but never even realized til now that its a show? Gruden does film review and field work with some of the qb candidates prior to the draft.
April 25, 201115 yr I didn't think Cam Newton came off very well in this show. Gruden asked him to make an Auburn play call. Newton couldn't come up with anything. He pretty much stated that he looked to the sideline for a number posted on a board and that was the play. Gruden told him that, with no playcalling experience, he should look at NFL playcalling as moving to France and having to learn French in 2 weeks. It sounded like a team that drafts Newton to be it's starting QB in game 1 this season may have an issue. I was impressed with Locker and Mallet
April 25, 201115 yr I didn't think Cam Newton came off very well in this show. Gruden asked him to make an Auburn play call. Newton couldn't come up with anything. He pretty much stated that he looked to the sideline for a number posted on a board and that was the play. Gruden told him that, with no playcalling experience, he should look at NFL playcalling as moving to France and having to learn French in 2 weeks. It sounded like a team that drafts Newton to be it's starting QB in game 1 this season may have an issue. I was impressed with Locker and Mallet I agree with you on Newton. I was impressed with Gabbert the most and Locker 2nd.
April 26, 201115 yr I was most impressed with Locker and Gabbert. Newton and Mallett aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer..Mallett is the next Ryan Leaf in my opinion..
April 26, 201115 yr How did y'all like USF's new practice digs? The receivers were current Bulls, too.
April 26, 201115 yr I could watch Gruden all day long. He has football coming out of his pores! I thought Gabberd was the best QB and I think Nick Farley was the best player he's had on there. He doesn't hold back. He puts thme on the spot. I love when he asks what they are going to do when Ray Lewis is talking trash and coming after them. They all look like a deer in headlights.
April 26, 201115 yr I could watch Gruden all day long. He has football coming out of his pores! I thought Gabberd was the best QB and I think Nick Farley was the best player he's had on there. He doesn't hold back. He puts thme on the spot. I love when he asks what they are going to do when Ray Lewis is talking trash and coming after them. They all look like a deer in headlights. I certainly agree stick. I love watching these shows by Gruden, they keep a fan's eyes glued to the screen with the sound up to not miss anything. I actually DVR them an watch them again a couple of timess. I know one thing about any team wanting and/or needing a coach imo would be certified insane not to hire him. That especially goes for college as well. I don't know if Gruden wants or would take a college job or not but if I woul certainly be finding out and making phone calls to him if I am an A.D. . Imagine how great that Gruden would be with college kids. This series gives a person an idea of that as well, how Gruden can relate to college players. I love your comment about Gruden asking them about Ray Lewis, that was priceless to see the kids face along with his when he ask that :lol:. Gruden made other comparisons/questions like that as well.
April 26, 201115 yr I didn't think Cam Newton came off very well in this show. Gruden asked him to make an Auburn play call. Newton couldn't come up with anything. He pretty much stated that he looked to the sideline for a number posted on a board and that was the play. Gruden told him that, with no playcalling experience, he should look at NFL playcalling as moving to France and having to learn French in 2 weeks. It sounded like a team that drafts Newton to be it's starting QB in game 1 this season may have an issue. I was impressed with Locker and Mallet I guess because you put the kid on the spot and he can't think of anything means he can't call plays? How many `qb's in college look to the side line for the number that means a certain play situation. There is always a knock on certain qb's, is he smart enough to run a prostyle offense? Oh he played in a spead offense can he adapt? If I'm not mistaken doesn't the kid from Mizz run a spread offense? I don't think those questions has once been raised about him. The bottom line is Newton played against the best defenses in the nation and won a National Championship, regardless how the plays were called in he still had to execute them.
April 26, 201115 yr I guess because you put the kid on the spot and he can't think of anything means he can't call plays? How many `qb's in college look to the side line for the number that means a certain play situation. There is always a knock on certain qb's, is he smart enough to run a prostyle offense? Oh he played in a spead offense can he adapt? If I'm not mistaken doesn't the kid from Mizz run a spread offense? I don't think those questions has once been raised about him. The bottom line is Newton played against the best defenses in the nation and won a National Championship, regardless how the plays were called in he still had to execute them. There are a ton of people questioning Gabbard too because he ran the spread.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.