April 5, 201115 yr I saw a tweet that said "If Butler had shot Tupac he'd still be alive." That's so wrong, but probably true.
April 5, 201115 yr :lol: In all seriousness this was one of the worst basketball games I ever watched. It's probably the worst championship game I've seen since UNLV/Duke from 1990. But at least in that game, you got to see one of the greatest college teams ever. In this one, not so much. But, I have to say hat's off to UCONN. Those guys put together some kind of a run. Even though the final game was a disaster, Kemba & company deserve much props.
April 6, 201115 yr Sorry, not really part of this thread, but I read a story that UCONN contacted Houston and Rice University Monday morning and gave tickets to the atheletes to fill the UCONN student section. If that is true, that is weak sauce.
April 6, 201115 yr If that is true, that is weak sauce. It's true, 300 free tickets to those who responded to the email.
April 6, 201115 yr :lol: In all seriousness this was one of the worst basketball games I ever watched. Bad enough to have set the game back decades.
April 6, 201115 yr Nah, people understand that these clunkers get thrown in every once in a while for whatever reason.
April 6, 201115 yr Nah, people understand that these clunkers get thrown in every once in a while for whatever reason. Statistically speaking, no they do not. 18% is unimaginably terrible. Add to it, UConn was not even that wonderful in either of their two games. Jeremy Lamb was the big star in the second half because he went 4-8 from the field! Whipee! UConn made two three point baskets while in Houston. Not one team shot 40% at the Final Four. Sure some of it can be attributed to good defense, but I really think some of it has to do with the depth perception and odd stadium configuration. Terrible place to watch a game... and apparently a terrible place to shoot the ball.
April 6, 201115 yr Statistically speaking, no they do not. 18% is unimaginably terrible. Add to it, UConn was not even that wonderful in either of their two games. Jeremy Lamb was the big star in the second half because he went 4-8 from the field! Whipee! UConn made two three point baskets while in Houston. Not one team shot 40% at the Final Four. Sure some of it can be attributed to good defense, but I really think some of it has to do with the depth perception and odd stadium configuration. Terrible place to watch a game... and apparently a terrible place to shoot the ball. People will forget in a year. I mean come on, setting the game back decades?
April 6, 201115 yr I think the Final 4 was a microcosm of what I have been saying for some time. College basketball has slowly become a horrendous product. There is no star power, the skill level is diminished, and overall play is going down the toilet. The tournament is fun because of all of its upsets, but as I have said, it is an inverted pyramid of excitement. I have come to appreciate the NBA playoffs more now because the skill set is so superior.
April 6, 201115 yr I think the Final 4 was a microcosm of what I have been saying for some time. College basketball has slowly become a horrendous product. There is no star power, the skill level is diminished, and overall play is going down the toilet. The tournament is fun because of all of its upsets, but as I have said, it is an inverted pyramid of excitement. I have come to appreciate the NBA playoffs more now because the skill set is so superior. But yet people don't like watching the NBA..:idunno:
April 6, 201115 yr I think the Final 4 was a microcosm of what I have been saying for some time. College basketball has slowly become a horrendous product. There is no star power, the skill level is diminished, and overall play is going down the toilet. The tournament is fun because of all of its upsets, but as I have said, it is an inverted pyramid of excitement. I have come to appreciate the NBA playoffs more now because the skill set is so superior. Agreed. I think it's a product of the one-and-done. But I also think that rule will be eliminated very soon, one way or another.
April 6, 201115 yr Agreed. I think it's a product of the one-and-done. But I also think that rule will be eliminated very soon, one way or another. The overall lack of skill development because of AAU I think is just as big of a catalyst, imo.
April 6, 201115 yr But yet people don't like watching the NBA..:idunno: It is just a totally different game with a different set of rules. The overall skill of play is 10X better though. The worst NBA teams (i.e. Wizards, Cavs, etc.) would have steamrolled through this tournament by an average margin of 50 points.
April 7, 201115 yr It is just a totally different game with a different set of rules. The overall skill of play is 10X better though. The worst NBA teams (i.e. Wizards, Cavs, etc.) would have steamrolled through this tournament by an average margin of 50 points. I'd still rather watch college basketball 10X more.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.