Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UConn 53 Butler 41

Featured Replies

The overall lack of skill development because of AAU I think is just as big of a catalyst, imo.

 

The guys in the NBA all played AAU ball as well. And the college development myth goes out the window there with the number of stars that didn't go. The AAU thing is a myth. Guys get better playing other elite guys which happens in high school about 1% of the time...

  • Replies 83
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd still rather watch college basketball 10X more.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'd still rather watch college basketball 10X more.

 

Generally speaking I would. The past two Final Fours have been nothing short of pathetic displays of basketball. Lakers/Celtics was great drama. The skill level difference between the two is canyon size.

Sorry, not really part of this thread, but I read a story that UCONN contacted Houston and Rice University Monday morning and gave tickets to the atheletes to fill the UCONN student section.

 

They must have, there were a ton of Rice t-shirts on kids in their section.

Generally speaking I would. The past two Final Fours have been nothing short of pathetic displays of basketball. Lakers/Celtics was great drama. The skill level difference between the two is canyon size.

 

Now, I may be mistaken, but Duke played quite a game against a very physical WVU team in the Final Four last year.

Now, I may be mistaken, but Duke played quite a game against a very physical WVU team in the Final Four last year.

 

They did play well against WVU. But that Duke team was coming off the heels (no pun intended) of a dominant UNC team from 09, a very entertaining Kansas/Memphis game from 08, Florida's two impressive runs in 06 & 07, the top two teams playing for the title in 05 (UNC & Illinois).

 

It's just that the talent level in college basketball has decreased dramatically and the last two Final Fours have reflected that.

I'd still rather watch college basketball 10X more.

 

Me too.

They did play well against WVU. But that Duke team was coming off the heels (no pun intended) of a dominant UNC team from 09, a very entertaining Kansas/Memphis game from 08, Florida's two impressive runs in 06 & 07, the top two teams playing for the title in 05 (UNC & Illinois).

 

It's just that the talent level in college basketball has decreased dramatically and the last two Final Fours have reflected that.

 

There could possibly be a little truth to that, but I don't know how valid it is. Personally, I believe that the landscape of college basketball has changed drastically from where it used to be from a competitive standpoint, which doesn't allow for a limited amount of dominant teams as it had in the past. With saying that, I believe that the playing field is much more equal to obtaining quality players, regardless of being in the traditional power conferences or the mid-majors. The amount of quality coaches that are out in comparison to the past has contributed strongly to that too from coaching and recruiting points of view.

I am one of the few that appreciate the fact that the teams that have upperclassmen leadership, are the ones to achieve at the highest level. It doesn't lean towards the most skilled or gifted teams making it, but I like it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.