UConn 53 Butler 41

DragonFire

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really happy for Kemba. Great kid that paid his dues and now goes down in history.

Butler got the type of game they wanted, just couldn't make a shot. Unfortunately it happens when you play that style, and it went down on the biggest stage tonight.

I think it will be the last game for Calhoun, but he is the type to want to continue the fight amongst the scandal hanging over the program. Hope he does walk away. No better way to go out even if I can't stand him...

I think it will be the last game for Calhoun, but he is the type to want to continue the fight amongst the scandal hanging over the program. Hope he does walk away. No better way to go out even if I can't stand him...

Interesting. Do you think that news comes out quickly or later in the summer? I've heard several people talk about this but nobody seems to know for sure.

* - Butler shot 12 of 64 from the field (18.75%). That's the worst ever. Of any game in the tournament, EVER.

* - The combined total of 94 points was the lowest in the finals since 1949, which of course means it is the worst of the shot clock era.

* - UConn's 53 points were the lowest by a champion since 1949, and Butler's 41 points were the lowest by any team since that same year.

Really happy for Kemba. Great kid that paid his dues and now goes down in history.

Butler got the type of game they wanted, just couldn't make a shot. Unfortunately it happens when you play that style, and it went down on the biggest stage tonight.

I agree; if Calhoun is back next season, I'll be very surprised.