Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal to the NBA?

Featured Replies

I think age and family comes into play as well. He has already said he isn't coaching forever.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this was planned by Cal. Great PR for the program, UK fans get even more protective of him.

I think this was planned by Cal. Great PR for the program, UK fans get even more protective of him.

 

What's it matter if uk fans are "protective" of him? :lol:

Cal taking a NBA job makes perfect sense to me. I hope he retires from UK but another jump to the NBA wouldn't shock me.

 

He's never going to be respected as an NCAA coach. His baggage, right or wrong, will always follow him in the college game. He's never going to be looked at in the same light as K or Roy.

 

If he wants to be a respected , hall of fame coach, the NBA is his only option.

Cal taking a NBA job makes perfect sense to me. I hope he retires from UK but another jump to the NBA wouldn't shock me.

 

He's never going to be respected as an NCAA coach. His baggage, right or wrong, will always follow him in the college game. He's never going to be looked at in the same light as K or Roy.

 

If he wants to be a respected , hall of fame coach, the NBA is his only option.

 

I think to be a respected Hall of Fame coach he needs to stay at UK, win a couple titles and get his 800 wins in the NCAA. If he goes to the NBA and somehow wins a title or two, he will be forgotten two years after he is gone.

Cal taking a NBA job makes perfect sense to me. I hope he retires from UK but another jump to the NBA wouldn't shock me.

 

He's never going to be respected as an NCAA coach. His baggage, right or wrong, will always follow him in the college game. He's never going to be looked at in the same light as K or Roy.

 

If he wants to be a respected , hall of fame coach, the NBA is his only option.

 

He would need to be an NBA coach for a LONG time to get in the Hall of Fame.

More chatter recently that the Knicks might want him.

More chatter recently that the Knicks might want him.

 

I think there will be some angst forthcoming for UK fans while this plays out.

More chatter recently that the Knicks might want him.

 

The CAA connections are there, so you will hear that one a ton. May happen may not but the rumors will persist anyway. I don't think he abandons his best recruiting class ever but Calipari may be a lot closer to leaving early than staying a long time.

The CAA connections are there, so you will hear that one a ton. May happen may not but the rumors will persist anyway. I don't think he abandons his best recruiting class ever but Calipari may be a lot closer to leaving early than staying a long time.

 

Why though? I'm not sure I see the upside to going to the NBA.

Why though? I'm not sure I see the upside to going to the NBA.

 

You don't, I don't but we are not the ones with the decision. Maybe Calipari is the most satisfied coach in America and wants to stay at Kentucky for years to come, or maybe he has a bone to pick with the NBA and wants another shot at it. We won't know until it does or doesn't happen.

 

 

All I am saying is I can see where these rumors are going to be strong considering all the CAA connections that would be involved to a move with the Knicks. Considering the tensions in Melo not integrating in to a smooth flowing D'Antone system, I can see them letting go of him in exchange for someone they think can mesh them all together and get them playing better ball. I'm just saying the conditions are perfect for a perfect storm of Calipari to the Knicks rumors. Whether they have real legs or fake ones though is only for a few to know.

 

 

 

Personally, I don't see him leaving this class behind.

^ If he was never in the NBA before I think I would feel differently. But I agree with you.

Why, So we could play slow boring basketball? I'm not sure top recruits would flock to Brad Stevens to play that style....

 

If Cal were to leave I would want UK to make Brad Stevens an offer he couldn't refuse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.