April 4, 201115 yr If (when) he leaves it will be to take a high profile NBA job which has even more pressure than UK. Some guys can't handle the pressure of the Kentucky job, John Calipari is not on that list. I agree all 3 of the NBA jobs that were named have just as much pressure if not more especially the Lakers. But there is less than Zero % chance he goes to the Lakers anyway.
April 4, 201115 yr He stays........why? Brad Calipari.....I think we will now have Cal as long as his son is in High School....IMO I highly doubt he pulls his kid out of another school and start over again. Just my 2 Cents!!
April 4, 201115 yr I agree all 3 of the NBA jobs that were named have just as much pressure if not more especially the Lakers. But there is less than Zero % chance he goes to the Lakers anyway. I didn't hear any jobs named, but outside of the Lakers. I don't see many teams with the pressure that UK has. This is just my opinion...
April 4, 201115 yr I didn't hear any jobs named, but outside of the Lakers. I don't see many teams with the pressure that UK has. This is just my opinion... Miami, New York?
April 4, 201115 yr He stays........why? Brad Calipari.....I think we will now have Cal as long as his son is in High School....IMO I highly doubt he pulls his kid out of another school and start over again. Just my 2 Cents!! I assume he pulled him out of middle school to come to UK and that is more traumatic than high school. I don't see him leaving this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if he left in the next 2...
April 4, 201115 yr I agree. At the same time I can't imagine him leaving with maybe his best recruiting class ever on deck. If he really wants to go to the NBA he might not get to decide to wait. For instance if Miami is offered this summer would he stay because of an incoming class? He's had the best class 3 years in a row. He'll get good classes. On the other hand if he turns down a Miami or NYK now will he ever get another chance to coach that talent? Say Miami opens and someone else takes it and wins a title in one of the next two years he isn't getting replaced.
April 4, 201115 yr Cal Tweet from last night: Can't wait until BBM when we can all be together again and raise a new Final Four banner to Rupp's rafters, Go Big Blue. Coach Cal is not going anywhere. No way he leaves with the way he's got things rolling in Lexington. I would be shocked. Pitino calls leaving UK his biggest career mistake. I'm guessing if he takes an NBA job he doesn't tweet that he's leaving from a UK account before the job is even open. Call it a hunch.
April 4, 201115 yr Miami, New York? New York has Yankees, Giants and Jets, which have a stronger following than the Knicks, what else does Kentucky have? I have a hard time thinking Miami cares more about their heat , than Kentucky does about their Wildcats.
April 4, 201115 yr If he really wants to go to the NBA he might not get to decide to wait. For instance if Miami is offered this summer would he stay because of an incoming class? He's had the best class 3 years in a row. He'll get good classes. On the other hand if he turns down a Miami or NYK now will he ever get another chance to coach that talent? Say Miami opens and someone else takes it and wins a title in one of the next two years he isn't getting replaced. That is a solid point about Miami. I don't see their current coach staying.
April 4, 201115 yr New York has Yankees, Giants and Jets, which have a stronger following than the Knicks, what else does Kentucky have? I have a hard time thinking Miami cares more about their heat , than Kentucky does about their Wildcats. Miami doesn't care but the pressure is there because of the media and the hype of the big 3. It's rings or bust. If there wasn't pressure with the Knicks why would they be ready to fire D'Antoni?
April 4, 201115 yr Miami doesn't care but the pressure is there because of the media and the hype of the big 3. It's rings or bust. If there wasn't pressure with the Knicks why would they be ready to fire D'Antoni? Not saying their is no pressure, just saying not as much. All this is just my opinion... I still think he stays for next season.
April 5, 201115 yr If Cal were to leave I would want UK to make Brad Stevens an offer he couldn't refuse.
April 5, 201115 yr New York has Yankees, Giants and Jets, which have a stronger following than the Knicks, what else does Kentucky have? I have a hard time thinking Miami cares more about their heat , than Kentucky does about their Wildcats. NYC is a basketball city to the core. If the Knicks are winning only the Yankee base would be bigger...
April 5, 201115 yr If Cal were to leave I would want UK to make Brad Stevens an offer he couldn't refuse. Agreed
April 5, 201115 yr I love hearing the NBA rumors. I hope we hear these every year. All it does is make Cal's recruiting job even easier. When these top tier kids see Cal rumored to be in demand from the NBA, it just solidifies even more that they want to play for him. That's where they want to play and they see Cal as the guy to get them there as fast as possible. Keep the rumors coming.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.