Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal to the NBA?

Featured Replies

Brian Shaw will most likely take over the Lakers and If anyone takes over the Heat it is going to be Riley. Knicks aren't going to be firing D'Antoni.

 

Brian Shaw is most likely but the job will be open this year or next.

 

I don't think Riley wants to coach. If the owner forces it that's another issue. I'm thinking WWW will be working hard for Cal to Miami if he thinks about a move.

 

I'll be shocked if D'Antoni is the coach next year unless they make a run this year. His system is terrible for the personell they'll have and he ran Amare into the ground this year.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he left it wouldn't be about money. It would be about coaching LeBron.

 

He has said you can't win in the NBA without stars and he's right. Miami would be a good place to coach stars. I don't think it's a done deal by any means, but I think UK fans are crazy to think he wouldn't leave because we consider UK a "dream" job.

Why in the world would he go to the NBA for a million more dollars when he has all the money he needs. Think about how much more work he has to do in the NBA. Playing games nearly everyday, being away from his wife and family, and being on the road all the time. I would think he is happy at KY, its a dream job. Bringing in all these big time recruits, playing twice a week, making 4 million a year, and being treated like a rock star in KY (except UL fans)LOL...Come on, how could life get any better.

 

LBJ/Wade/Bosh. He's considered a failure at that level and he's had to vacate 2 final four appearances because of the strict rules. He's on the road a ton right now too.

I understand that, the NBA is about managing egos than coaching. Why he would want to deal with that I don't know.

 

LBJ/Wade/Bosh. He's considered a failure at that level and he's had to vacate 2 final four appearances because of the strict rules. He's on the road a ton right now too.
He has said you can't win in the NBA without stars and he's right. Miami would be a good place to coach stars. I don't think it's a done deal by any means, but I think UK fans are crazy to think he wouldn't leave because we consider UK a "dream" job.

 

I agree. At the same time I can't imagine him leaving with maybe his best recruiting class ever on deck.

Cal Tweet from last night: Can't wait until BBM when we can all be together again and raise a new Final Four banner to Rupp's rafters, Go Big Blue.

 

Coach Cal is not going anywhere. No way he leaves with the way he's got things rolling in Lexington. I would be shocked. Pitino calls leaving UK his biggest career mistake.

I don't have any quotes or anything specific to point too, but I would believe that Coach Cal learned from his experience in the NBA, that it doesn't quite offer something that he loves. And that something is the development of young men. You just don't really get to do that very often in the NBA.

 

I think he stays put for a while, IMO.

Rome just said on his show that it's not " if " he goes, but "when" he goes... He said UK is not of an ending point for Cal because of the pressure of the bluegrass. He did say he we stay for next year because of the recruiting class.

I do not think this is the last coaching stop for Calipari, but I also don't think it will be in the next 2-3 years that he leaves. Beyond a 5 year point, I can see it at any time. But we should not forget that in his college stops, he has never coached less than 8 years at a school.

Rome just said on his show that it's not " if " he goes, but "when" he goes... He said UK is not of an ending point for Cal because of the pressure of the bluegrass. He did say he we stay for next year because of the recruiting class.

 

There are a lot of people who know a lot about college basketball, Jim Rome would probably not be at the top of the list. I agree that I don't think Cal will end his career at UK but saying that he will leave because of the pressure is about as far off as you can be.

There are a lot of people who know a lot about college basketball, Jim Rome would probably not be at the top of the list. I agree that I don't think Cal will end his career at UK but saying that he will leave because of the pressure is about as far off as you can be.

 

He gave other reasons too. I am not a big Rome fan, but a lot of what he said made sense.

He gave other reasons too. I am not a big Rome fan, but a lot of what he said made sense.

 

If (when) he leaves it will be to take a high profile NBA job which has even more pressure than UK. Some guys can't handle the pressure of the Kentucky job, John Calipari is not on that list.

Rome just said on his show that it's not " if " he goes, but "when" he goes... He said UK is not of an ending point for Cal because of the pressure of the bluegrass. He did say he we stay for next year because of the recruiting class.

 

Wow. Just listened to Rome's comments 3 times and we did not hear the same things at all.

Wow. Just listened to Rome's comments 3 times and we did not hear the same things at all.

 

What parts? Never claimed it was word for word, but it was pretty close to his opening of the show. What did you hear?

Rome just said on his show that it's not " if " he goes, but "when" he goes... He said UK is not of an ending point for Cal because of the pressure of the bluegrass. He did say he we stay for next year because of the recruiting class.

 

 

Lets see, yep he said the first part...

 

The second part is more paraphrased, because he added some other stuff too, " like it was never enough for UK fans or something like that.

 

Last part is also paraphrased, about him staying because of the in coming class...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.