Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal to the NBA?

Featured Replies

Why, So we could play slow boring basketball? I'm not sure top recruits would flock to Brad Stevens to play that style....
Who knows that Stevens would play that style, given the talent available to him at Kentucky? Gee, all the guy does is win ...
  • Replies 100
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who knows that Stevens would play that style, given the talent available to him at Kentucky? Gee, all the guy does is win ...

 

What talent? He doesn't even have a 4 star recruit on his roster.

Who knows that Stevens would play that style, given the talent available to him at Kentucky? Gee, all the guy does is win ...

 

Stevens has done well with the talent he has been given but i doubt he could handle it at Kentucky, and I doubt he could recruit at Kentucky. Shoot even after going to the National Championship last year he didn't get a 4 star recruit.

 

 

 

I wouldn't want Stevens but that is just my personal opinion.

Stevens has done well with the talent he has been given but i doubt he could handle it at Kentucky, and I doubt he could recruit at Kentucky. Shoot even after going to the National Championship last year he didn't get a 4 star recruit.

 

 

 

I wouldn't want Stevens but that is just my personal opinion.

 

Agreed. He is a great coach, no doubt about it. He's just not right for UK. Also, anyone who wasn't happy with Tubby probably wouldn't be happy with Stevens.

Agreed. He is a great coach, no doubt about it. He's just not right for UK. Also, anyone who wasn't happy with Tubby probably wouldn't be happy with Stevens.

Stevens has done well with the talent he has been given but i doubt he could handle it at Kentucky, and I doubt he could recruit at Kentucky. Shoot even after going to the National Championship last year he didn't get a 4 star recruit.

 

 

 

I wouldn't want Stevens but that is just my personal opinion.

For goodness sake, how are you going to get so-called 4-star recruits to go to Butler?

 

You guys crack me up ...

What talent? He doesn't even have a 4 star recruit on his roster.
I didn't say anything about his talent at Butler.
I didn't say anything about his talent at Butler.

 

I'm just saying. I'd like to know that he is able to get them than thinking hey this is Kentucky he can get them anyway. That worked out well for Tubby.

Ego. To prove that he can be successful in the NBA. If the right job were to come open, I think he would take a serious look at it.

 

I agree with you in imo he would take a look, I feel pretty sure that he will not be retiring from U.k.. I don't think that he is going anywhere at anytime soon though.We just had get used to these type along with other rumors about Cal coming up every year.

Agreed. He is a great coach, no doubt about it. He's just not right for UK. Also, anyone who wasn't happy with Tubby probably wouldn't be happy with Stevens.

 

I am very happy with Cal but when and if the time comes, I would love to have Stevens. I am not sure how he would be with all the El Toro poo (some call it PR) that goes along with a U.K. job but from a pure basketball coaching point there are few if any better.

I also think that he is very happy and satisfied with being at Butler, all coaches that move usually deny it before they go but something about Stevens tells me that he means it when he said Butler is a perfect fit and why screw with happiness. Besides, whats he going to do, go somewhere tha he can go to repeated final fours? lol.

For goodness sake, how are you going to get so-called 4-star recruits to go to Butler?

 

You guys crack me up ...

 

Glad I could make ya chuckle. Still yet, Stevens is just the hot name right now but had Butler not made it to the Final Four no one would be mentioning him.

 

Stevens is a good coach, but we've all seen what happens when UK goes after average coaches (Tubby, and Billy G). Stevens would eventually fall into that same category.

Stevens has done well with the talent he has been given but i doubt he could handle it at Kentucky, and I doubt he could recruit at Kentucky. Shoot even after going to the National Championship last year he didn't get a 4 star recruit.

 

 

 

I wouldn't want Stevens but that is just my personal opinion.

 

Because high profile guys are just beating down Butler's door and all? Not only is Butler at a disadvantage due to the conference it plays in and the prestige it has, but recruits would have to worry about Stevens leaving if the right job was offered. Going forward he may be able to get better rated guys, but it takes time to build up a recruiting base.

Glad I could make ya chuckle. Still yet, Stevens is just the hot name right now but had Butler not made it to the Final Four no one would be mentioning him.

 

Stevens is a good coach, but we've all seen what happens when UK goes after average coaches (Tubby, and Billy G). Stevens would eventually fall into that same category.

 

You're the only person I've seen call Stevens average. Maybe he is, and if he ends up that way I'll be the first to acknowledge you said it first. Two FF runs in two years is impressive even if you're at Duke or UK, let alone Butler.

Glad I could make ya chuckle. Still yet, Stevens is just the hot name right now but had Butler not made it to the Final Four no one would be mentioning him.
Let's see ... a mid-major makes it to the national championship game two straight years, without the services of a big-time recruit, and the coach was just along for the ride? You make it sound like Stevens had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.