Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal to the NBA?

Featured Replies

Well I'm sure everyone knew these type rumors would start up again this year. Here is out first one.

 

 

 

 

John Calipari coming back to the NBA to coach? Perhaps. Calipari recently left the distinct impression that, although he is recruiting and conducting business, as usual, as Kentucky's basketball coach, he "wants back in," according to a source. Calipari has never gotten over how he was fired by the Nets 20 games into the 1999 lockout season. He was dismissed by one of the owners, Lewis Katz, only a couple of hours after a loss in Miami that dropped the Nets' record to 3-17. As the team was on the tarmac, preparing to board its charter flight, Katz told Calipari, "You're not going to Toronto, John." Calipari's stock has risen in recent seasons among more than a few GMs, and he's got close ties to William (Wes') Wesley, the CAA powerbroker who has an in with several teams, including Miami, via CAA clients, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, and the Knicks, with Anthony, another CAA'er.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be shocked if Cal left for the NBA. Shocked. It's a shame it hasn't been more than 24 hours since UK lost and they have to deal with these kinds of articles already. Unbelievable.

JOKE......he isn't going anywhere....leave him alone!!

I don't want him to leave, but if he does I hope it's before Stevens gets another job.

  • Author
I don't want him to leave, but if he does I hope it's before Stevens gets another job.

 

You think Kentucky would go after him?

I'd think that he'd learn his lesson the first time around.

This story actually came out a couple days ago so its not just people piling it on after the loss. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. Cannot see Calipari abandoning the class he has put together for next season, especially with his close ties to Gilchrist over the years. If UK would have won it this year then maybe, but after everything Cal has had to go through in his coaching career I am fairly certain the guy reallys wants that NC more than anything and he wants one that is going to stick.

 

On top of that right now, Spo is the guy in Miami. He was groomed by Riley for years to be his protege I don't see why a move to get Cal would be that much of a priority.

  • Author
I'd think that he'd learn his lesson the first time around.

 

 

I'm sure there are a couple of NBA jobs that he would take if offered.

I'm sure there are a couple of NBA jobs that he would take if offered.

 

You are sure?

  • Author
You are sure?

 

 

About as sure as you were of UK winning last night. Way to go you big jinx. :lol:

Why would Calipari leave for the NBA? He's been there, done that, and didn't exactly enjoy the stay. He has his destination job.

  • Author
Why would Calipari leave for the NBA? He's been there, done that, and didn't exactly enjoy the stay. He has his destination job.

 

 

Ego. To prove that he can be successful in the NBA. If the right job were to come open, I think he would take a serious look at it.

Ego. To prove that he can be successful in the NBA. If the right job were to come open, I think he would take a serious look at it.

 

So you are not so sure?

Ego. To prove that he can be successful in the NBA. If the right job were to come open, I think he would take a serious look at it.

 

I agree that it has everything to do with his ego. However, he is at his "dream job" and I'm sure he would like to get another shot at a national title before deciding to leave.

At this point in his career, I suspect Calipari is more interested in winning championships than fueling his ego and/or proving a point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.