Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cal to the NBA?

Featured Replies

There are some premier NBA jobs that would catch every college coach's attention. Nothing would surprise me.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think he'd at least want a few more cracks at an NCAA championship before he'd go to the NBA.

Unless he get a very top tier NBA job (Knicks, Lakers, Miami) I don't see any of those 3 happening.

Edited by HammerTime

Unless he get a very top tier NBA job (Knicks, Lakers, Miami) I don't see any of those 3 happening.

 

But all 3 have a very good chance at being open this year

You think Kentucky would go after him?

 

They better if there's an opening

I would think he'd at least want a few more cracks at an NCAA championship before he'd go to the NBA.

 

Why?

Why?

 

Why? His resume isn't complete without one IMO. He's largely going to be remembered as a college coach, I'm sure he wants at least one title. I'm sure the NBA challenge is drawing card, but I think it's a different animal. In the NBA you either have stars or you don't. If you have stars you have to keep them in line, if you don't you're team probably is awful. College is totally different because you get to bring in guys to your system. Getting a stud player is always a year away. Not too many stud guys in the league that can lead you to a title right now IMO.

I'd think that he'd learn his lesson the first time around.

 

I would too; don't see him going anywhere.

Why? His resume isn't complete without one IMO. He's largely going to be remembered as a college coach, I'm sure he wants at least one title. I'm sure the NBA challenge is drawing card, but I think it's a different animal. In the NBA you either have stars or you don't. If you have stars you have to keep them in line, if you don't you're team probably is awful. College is totally different because you get to bring in guys to your system. Getting a stud player is always a year away. Not too many stud guys in the league that can lead you to a title right now IMO.

 

He would only go to the NBA to coach stars. NYK, LAL or Heat imo would be the only ones that he considered. I think we overrate how much these guys think about things. For $5M a year he'd be in Miami tomorrow.

Unless he get a very top tier NBA job (Knicks, Lakers, Miami) I don't see any of those 3 happening.

 

One of those could be open soon...

But all 3 have a very good chance at being open this year

 

Brian Shaw will most likely take over the Lakers and If anyone takes over the Heat it is going to be Riley. Knicks aren't going to be firing D'Antoni.

He would only go to the NBA to coach stars. NYK, LAL or Heat imo would be the only ones that he considered. I think we overrate how much these guys think about things. For $5M a year he'd be in Miami tomorrow.

 

He is making $4 Million a year at UK. I know to us $1 million is a lot but not to someone that has made the money he has. UK pays very well just like a NBA job.

How do you know he wants to prove he can be successful in the NBA?

 

Ego. To prove that he can be successful in the NBA. If the right job were to come open, I think he would take a serious look at it.

Why in the world would he go to the NBA for a million more dollars when he has all the money he needs. Think about how much more work he has to do in the NBA. Playing games nearly everyday, being away from his wife and family, and being on the road all the time. I would think he is happy at KY, its a dream job. Bringing in all these big time recruits, playing twice a week, making 4 million a year, and being treated like a rock star in KY (except UL fans)LOL...Come on, how could life get any better.

 

He is making $4 Million a year at UK. I know to us $1 million is a lot but not to someone that has made the money he has. UK pays very well just like a NBA job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.