Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 69 Dixie Heights 60

Featured Replies

I sat in the last row of 25.

 

Ha.....I was too. I was the black guy with the Boyle tee shirt on with two Mercer guys with me. One is a freshman at Mercer. The other is Mercer's biggest fan.:lol:

  • Replies 96
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good would LC be if the other Beckham had not left?

 

It would have been better for Dixie Heights, because they wouldn't have been playing Lex Cath tonight.

Ha.....I was too. I was the black guy with the Boyle tee shirt on with two Mercer guys with me. One is a freshman at Mercer. The other is Mercer's biggest fan.:lol:

 

Did you get asked to move over when the couple came in? I was the guy right next to them.

How many people were there? That place was pretty packed!

 

Demling said 30k were in attendance for the two sessions.

I believe the rebounding was nearly even (LC +1). I just thought that Dixie went up against a much better team tonight. LC runs their offense very well and with lots of discipline. They will beat you with drives, back doors or hit a shooter waiting behind the arc for a trey. Their players were in all the right spots tonight. Their patented 2-2-1 press was also effective early on with Trammel struggling mightily against it. How many times did Dixie players dribble to long and give up the back tip? I would not be surprised to see LC make it to Saturday morning and possible Sat. evening. Nice ball club. Great season to Dixie, hold your heads high gentleman. It's just to bad you couldn't have drawn Shelby Valley in the first round.

 

I guess it just seemed like LC dominated the boards. Your whole post is very true. Especially the last sentence but I could see LC playing and winning Saturday night. I was very impressed.

 

I liked what I saw from Hatton also. He must have scored 10 points in a 2 minute span in the 2nd quarter. I expect to see Dixie at Rupp again in the very near future.

Did you get asked to move over when the couple came in? I was the guy right next to them.

 

 

:lol: Yep. That was me. That's too funny. Sitting next to Clyde and had no idea.

 

My wife and I will be in section 18 to tomorrow for the first session. Not going tomorrow night but we'll be back Friday. Don't have seats yet. Buying them at the ticketmaster kiosk after each game worked for today and tomorrow. I'll do that for the rest of the weekend.

After being down 19-5 after 1 quarter, Dixie outscores LexCath the rest of the way 55-50.

 

That's too bad, good news for Dixie is that unless Pike doesn't play next season to prepare for college football, then Dixie will return their 2 leading scorers next season in Pike and Hatton. Congrats to Dixie on a great season.

I guess it just seemed like LC dominated the boards. Your whole post is very true. Especially the last sentence but I could see LC playing and winning Saturday night. I was very impressed. I liked what I saw from Hatton also. He must have scored 10 points in a 2 minute span in the 2nd quarter. I expect to see Dixie at Rupp again in the very near future.

 

I don't see any way LC gets by Christian Co on Friday.

How good would LC be if the other Beckham had not left?

 

Addition by subtraction

I don't see any way LC gets by Christian Co on Friday.

 

I do. I think they have better basketball players that are athletic enough to keep up with Christian County. Christian County seems like a team of athletes(Hickey being the exception) that are playing basketball. Guess we'll see.

I do. I think they have better basketball players that are athletic enough to keep up with Christian County. Christian County seems like a team of athletes(Hickey being the exception) that are playing basketball. Guess we'll see.

 

I agree completely on your description of Christian they are very good athletes but not necessarily good basketball players and that can usually only get you so far.

W have played both teams ( Christian Co twice) and beaten both. I think that Lexington Catholic will win this one.

I thought Dixie gave a pretty good account of themselves last night. The overall team quickness of Catholic it what really killed them. Hatton's jump shots in the 4th quarter were coming up very short, which was more of a testament of the relentless pressure Catholic put on him all night and he still had 18 points I believe. Dixie should have another crack at it next year.

I really thought Dixie would be better than what they were.

 

Sounds like Dixie coach summed it up in the paper this morning. "Star Strucked"

This happens to the best of teams but it usually doesnt happen to Programs that have been there done that. Sure the kids were nervous, who wouldnt be, I wouldnt want any part of that pressure, so hats off to the Dixie kids for doing the best that they could and if they return next yr they will probably fair better, its called experience.

Programs like Lex Cath are familiar with Rupp Arena and the surrounding distractions, not an excuse as to why Dixie lost, just the facts. Id say the 1st quarter speaks volumes.

Good luck to Lex Cath.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.