Lexington Catholic 69 Dixie Heights 60

Easy there Flotsam, no need to trigger a Highlands thread jack. LOL.

Alot of people ripping the Dixie coach...... He wasnt the one shooting the ball out there, sounds like Dixie just couldnt handle the pressure of the big venue in the beginning and eventually settled down and shot it respectfully late in the game.

The bad news is they lost, the good news for the Football players on the team they get to start spring football and get ready for their title run in 5A.

I believe they will be 6A next year..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The turnout last night was awesome. It kinda sucked that they wouldn't allow the kids down to the lower level until the 1st quarter was over.

Don't blame anyone but Dixie for the students sitting upstairs. You did notice that most of the Dixie kids were up top and the parents/adults fans were in the Student Cheering Section.

Remember me asking in another thread if Dixie were going to do what CovCath has done and that is have the Cheering Section behind the baskets full of students only!

Dixie was the only schools of the four games that I attend on Wednesday that the parents sat in those seats while the students sat upstairs.

Just to let you know, the kids are allow down after the 1st quarter because they want to make sure that those who were sitting and paid for those seats, actually have left.

BTW while there was a good crowd for the evening games, the afternoon session was actually packed. Eastern a school of 2300 had to have 2000 of their kids in attendance, and I have never seen Rupp so full, for the first session of the tourney!

No doubt about it, if Dixie had played anyone but LexCath I think they would have pulled it out but as I stated in another thread, LexCath has been there done that and they didn't have to take a quarter to settle down!

Congrats to Dixie on indeed a great season. While Dixie didn't advance they did do something that the other teams in the Ninth didn't do and that was get to Rupp to play in the Sweet Sixteen, that gentlemen is something that no one can ever take away from you! Again Congrats

The turnout last night was awesome. It kinda sucked that they wouldn't allow the kids down to the lower level until the 1st quarter was over.

Yep - the only thing I could figure is they were waiting to see if any Shelby Valley fans were going to return to their seats.

Yep - the only thing I could figure is they were waiting to see if any Shelby Valley fans were going to return to their seats.

They had signs posted in the upper deck section that the students were in that said they were not allowed down until after the 1st quarter. They tried numerous times to get down there for the start of the game after the SV fans left, but the blue jackets kept turning them away.

Don't blame anyone but Dixie for the students sitting upstairs. You did notice that most of the Dixie kids were up top and the parents/adults fans were in the Student Cheering Section.

Remember me asking in another thread if Dixie were going to do what CovCath has done and that is have the Cheering Section behind the baskets full of students only!

Dixie was the only schools of the four games that I attend on Wednesday that the parents sat in those seats while the students sat upstairs.

Just to let you know, the kids are allow down after the 1st quarter because they want to make sure that those who were sitting and paid for those seats, actually have left.

BTW while there was a good crowd for the evening games, the afternoon session was actually packed. Eastern a school of 2300 had to have 2000 of their kids in attendance, and I have never seen Rupp so full, for the first session of the tourney!

No doubt about it, if Dixie had played anyone but LexCath I think they would have pulled it out but as I stated in another thread, LexCath has been there done that and they didn't have to take a quarter to settle down!

Congrats to Dixie on indeed a great season. While Dixie didn't advance they did do something that the other teams in the Ninth didn't do and that was get to Rupp to play in the Sweet Sixteen, that gentlemen is something that no one can ever take away from you! Again Congrats

Thanks for the kind words TOG. It's nice to hear something positive on here rather than the jabs at coaches and players.

One of the more successful N Ky teams over the past few years has been Scott HS and they do play a pressing trapping style of ball with a very aggressive half court man. I think Carr does a great job teaching this system and like LexCath it is part of the "program". Coach Carr's teams can be very disruptive on defense and force teams to play at a tempo that they are not comfortable with.

Agreed. They are relentless and do a nice job of getting in your grill. Scott was very small this year but made up for it with their aggressive defense all over the court.

I'm not more knowledgeable about the game than you are, but generally speaking basketball in Central Kentucky is what football is in Northern Kentucky. Like the culture in Ft. Thomas produces special football players I think the same can be said for basketball in Central Kentucky. Oh I think teams in Northern KY certainly do run the types of traps that Catholic ran last night, they just don't do them as effectively. I was told the Martin kid from Catholic is going to KY on a baseball scholarship.

Basketball anywhere in the state is much bigger than other sports IMO. With the exception of Louisville maybe with their strong 6A football. NKY will always be known for football period. 2 state basketball titles in what 50 yrs? Nuff said.

Maybe I was just tired by the time this game came along but I wasn't impressed by either squad. Hatton appeared to me to be the type of kid who can score 20+ but also gives up 20+ to whoever he guards. I don't see LC beating CC and certainly not GRC or Eastern.

Maybe I was just tired by the time this game came along but I wasn't impressed by either squad. Hatton appeared to me to be the type of kid who can score 20+ but also gives up 20+ to whoever he guards. I don't see LC beating CC and certainly not GRC or Eastern.

That's a little harsh considering you have seen one out of 33 games this season.

Oh my bad. I meant lexcath. Wonder how much more they would have beat Dixie by if Larry Morton was still at lexcath.

I called the experts throughout the state to get an answer to your intriguing question.

Consensus was 47.

Oh my bad. I meant lexcath. Wonder how much more they would have beat Dixie by if Larry Morton was still at lexcath.

How many days was Morton at Lex Cath, 3 or 4? The revolving door goes out as easy as it goes in. Morton has nothing to do with this game nor with Lex Cath's season.