Lexington Catholic 69 Dixie Heights 60

Congratulations to GRC on a good win. It wasn't that long ago that Dixie and Gallatin played each other at a showcase at GRC and Gallatin only lost by 4 points I believe. As some of us Gallatin fans were leaving, one of GRC's coaches said he would see us at Rupp. We didn't get there but I see what he was talking about, even though some of Dixie's fans thought it was a fluke that we led the whole game until the 4th quarter. Can't wait until next year!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to GRC on a good win. It wasn't that long ago that Dixie and Gallatin played each other at a showcase at GRC and Gallatin only lost by 4 points I believe. As some of us Gallatin fans were leaving, one of GRC's coaches said he would see us at Rupp. We didn't get there but I see what he was talking about, even though some of Dixie's fans thought it was a fluke that we led the whole game until the 4th quarter. Can't wait until next year!!!

In your zeal to take a shot at some Dixie fans you failed to realize that your new enemy did not play GRC.

That's just NKY basketball and the way it always has been. They usually walk the ball up the court and run a half court set. Play man to man and very seldom press. Very unimaginative basketball. That's why when teams from NKY go to Louisville or Central KY, they usually get beat. They need to change with the times, if they don't, they will continue to get beat when they leave the "safe place" they call NKY. Holmes has been the only exception recently because they had the athletes with well above average basketball skills.

Just look at some of the final scores in the past and recent regional tournaments, scoring in the 20"s, 30's & 40's. You don't see scores that low anywhere else in the state.

Playing the trapping defenses and press defenses and being effective ususally takes years of practice and the lower level (ie middle school) teams run the same system as the high school. From what I've seen NKY, very few high school coaches are involved with pre high school programs.

Styles don't win basketball games; players executing a particular style and tempo do; the more talented teams usually impose their style because of their superior talent.

Sounds like the same strategy employed by the Highlands football program. Seems to be working pretty darn well. :clap:

Easy there Flotsam, no need to trigger a Highlands thread jack. LOL.

Alot of people ripping the Dixie coach...... He wasnt the one shooting the ball out there, sounds like Dixie just couldnt handle the pressure of the big venue in the beginning and eventually settled down and shot it respectfully late in the game.

The bad news is they lost, the good news for the Football players on the team they get to start spring football and get ready for their title run in 5A.

Alot of people ripping the Dixie coach...... He wasnt the one shooting the ball out there, sounds like Dixie just couldnt handle the pressure of the big venue in the beginning and eventually settled down and shot it respectfully late in the game.

T.

Not true. They didn't handle pressure great but well enough. They simply stunk on D.

Not true. They didn't handle pressure great but well enough. They simply stunk on D.

I thought it was the press that LC threw at them that they couldnt handle and the Dixie coach said it was nerves, you say D. which one was it? If it was all then wellllll, no need to go any further with this debate.

I thought it was the press that LC threw at them that they couldnt handle and the Dixie coach said it was nerves, you say D. which one was it? If it was all then wellllll, no need to go any further with this debate.

Nerves are a bit of a reach IMO.

Yes, they had TOs that didn't help.

However, if you watched that game you saw that Dixie simply couldn't put the right people on the right LexCath players. They did what they wanted offensively including killing Dixie with putbacks.

Good D and Dixie wins.

Nerves are a bit of a reach IMO.

Yes, they had TOs that didn't help.

However, if you watched that game you saw that Dixie simply couldn't put the right people on the right LexCath players. They did what they wanted offensively including killing Dixie with putbacks.

Good D and Dixie wins.

Well then, maybe another night breaking down film instead of a trip to the Mens Warehouse might have been more important then "The Jacket" LOL. I couldnt resist.

I'm sure Chev and the boys will be happy hanging that 9th Region Championship banner in the gym.

The school spirit has risen dramatically with their historic season....an absolutely fantastic season for all Dixie fans. :thumb:

Do I sense a left over amount of bitterness from the AAU

season here...............:idunno:

There were nerves early as they looked tight. However, the lack of D as Clyde mentioned was the main reason they lost. LC did what they wanted on offense, and they crashed the boards. That's the main reason I question why they didn't throw a zone look at them early in the game. They got beat off the dribble early and often.

I'm sure Chev and the boys will be happy hanging that 9th Region Championship banner in the gym.

The school spirit has risen dramatically with their historic season....an absolutely fantastic season for all Dixie fans. :thumb:

The turnout last night was awesome. It kinda sucked that they wouldn't allow the kids down to the lower level until the 1st quarter was over.

Yes they will, and yes they should, nobody here discounting their region championship and their historic season. Congrats to the Dixie camp. It is just odd that NKY is just ok with Region championships in both Basketball and Baseball. I know, I know, its "open" play......... But.........as a NKY sports fan it just doesnt sit well for me, we have the athletes and the programs. Just sayn

Yes they will, and yes they should, nobody here discounting their region championship and their historic season. Congrats to the Dixie camp. It is just odd that NKY is just ok with Region championships in both Basketball and Baseball. I know, I know, its "open" play......... But.........as a NKY sports fan it just doesnt sit well for me, we have the athletes and the programs. Just sayn

It's one step at a time my friend. I'm sure they would've preferred their own version of Hoosiers to play out, but in reality they were in the wrong bracket for that to happen.