March 10, 201115 yr ...the Rutgers - St. John's game? I RARELY criticize officials; they have a thankless job. But the last 17 seconds or so were just abysmal. And the two no-calls at the very end were inexcusable. Props to the Rutgers coach for taking the high road in the post-game interview and presser.
March 10, 201115 yr I didn't see it, but I'm sure I will, it's all they've been talking about on ESPN.
March 10, 201115 yr Ref head: St. John's end 'unacceptable' Wow...that had to be the worst ending to a game that I have ever watched.
March 10, 201115 yr HUGE fan of Mike Rice. Rutgers is going to be a factor in the Big East very soon with him at the helm. Just reinforced my thoughts on him today with how he handled a total screw job by Higgins and Burr...
March 10, 201115 yr They should all be suspended. :thumb: No replay to figure it out? Their explanation on why they could not is a crock! Saying their wouldn't have been a T called for throwing the ball in the stands is a crock too! If this is true then why did the UL cheerleader get the T? Didn't he think the game was over too?
March 10, 201115 yr Rutgers was fouled on a lane drive with :17 to go. No call. Fouled over the back when ball went out of bounds with :11 to go. No call. Fouled on the inbounds with 4.9 to go. No call. Guy travels with 2.4 to go. No call. Steps out of bounds with 1.6 to go. No call. Hurls the ball in the stands with 1.2 to go. No technical.
March 10, 201115 yr Rutgers was fouled on a lane drive with :17 to go. No call. Fouled over the back when ball went out of bounds with :11 to go. No call. Fouled on the inbounds with 4.9 to go. No call. Guy travels with 2.4 to go. No call. Steps out of bounds with 1.6 to go. No call. Hurls the ball in the stands with 1.2 to go. No technical. Yes Counselor, that was a good summation of the situation. Now if a judge could just rule "guilty" on the officiating crew.
March 10, 201115 yr Rutgers was fouled on a lane drive with :17 to go. No call. Fouled over the back when ball went out of bounds with :11 to go. No call. Fouled on the inbounds with 4.9 to go. No call. Guy travels with 2.4 to go. No call. Steps out of bounds with 1.6 to go. No call. Hurls the ball in the stands with 1.2 to go. No technical. Yep. That's how I saw it too. Sad.
March 10, 201115 yr ...the Rutgers - St. John's game? I RARELY criticize officials; they have a thankless job. But the last 17 seconds or so were just abysmal. And the two no-calls at the very end were inexcusable. Props to the Rutgers coach for taking the high road in the post-game interview and presser. I agree, I usually defend officials as well but as you said the last couple of trips down the floor were inexcusable. An obvious over the back call was not made and then on the next possesion the Rutgers shooter was absolutely mugged on his shot with no call. That no call with the Rutgers player getting knocked to the floor on the long pass I can let skide, there was no clear possesion and both were going for the ball. Now comes to the last one with time running out. Officials had a multiple choice and called nothing. 1.) an obvious walking call before 2.) the St. Johns player clearly stepped out of bounds with a couple of seconds still on the clock 3.) Should the out of bounds been called two technicals could have been called, the ST. Johns player threw the ball in the air and the St. Johns coach was way out of the coaches box, already walking and at the other bench to shake hands with the Rutgers coach. That is 3 foul calls that were missed before an obvious rule book call of stepping out of bounds that led to what should have been two technical called should the player out of bounds had been called.I realize that the latter was an after the fact on the out of bounds not called. Those thee officials missed all three or four obvious fouls with one clear rule book violation! They couldn't go to the replay on the out of bounds bc there was no cal made therefore nothing to revue. I honestly be.lieve that these guys had already decided they were not going to call anything on a foul down the stretch and they thought he game was over on the out of bounds. NO EXCUSE for any of it. Rutgers would have had four free throws being behind by one point is the fouls on the last two possesions had been called. IMO there was a pretty fair chance that Rutgers could have hit two of the four to win the game or at least one to tie. Those were before the no call on the out of bounds and the two technicals (four more free throws) that could have been called. Bottom line is the officials had multipl calls that could have ben made and thet did not blow the whistle one time. I would like to know where they got those great tickets bc all they were doing was watching the game.
March 10, 201115 yr Rutgers was fouled on a lane drive with :17 to go. No call. Fouled over the back when ball went out of bounds with :11 to go. No call. Fouled on the inbounds with 4.9 to go. No call. Guy travels with 2.4 to go. No call. Steps out of bounds with 1.6 to go. No call. Hurls the ball in the stands with 1.2 to go. No technical. I put my post up and had overlooked your post, I wasn't trying to copy, I could have saved myself alot of typing had I not overlooked this. :ohbrother: Hey, I could have called that game yestersday. :lol:
March 10, 201115 yr HUGE fan of Mike Rice. Rutgers is going to be a factor in the Big East very soon with him at the helm. Just reinforced my thoughts on him today with how he handled a total screw job by Higgins and Burr... :thumb: He handled that with class.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.