Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone Catch the End of ...

Featured Replies

He didn't throw the ball up in the air to run out the clock or make a last second attempt at the basket. He tried to throw it to the top of the gym in celebration of a game that wasn't over. And did so after he traveled and stepped out of bounds. Strike 1, 2 and 3...

 

No rule to back up the assertion that there should have been a T.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As to Lavin leaving the box early there is no official who would give a T in that situation. The only way he automatically gets a T if he's way out of the box YELLING at the officials over a call.

 

The only valid arguments against the officials on the last play are in regards to the travel and stepping OOB. That's it.

No rule to back up the assertion that there should have been a T.

 

Gee I don't know how about delay of game. :lol:

Gee I don't know how about delay of game. :lol:

 

Again, the proper procedure is to give a DOG warning first. Next time you have a DOG you issue a T. I assume(and I didn't watch the game) that there had been no other DOG warnings on SJU, correct?

 

So why would you give a T?

Question: A delay of game requires a warning, or is it recommended you give a warning based on how much the player has delayed the game?

Clyde, I agree, he was just walking to shake hands, and thats what the ref saw near to the play. If the coach had stayed where he should have, who knows? I would have not "T" lavin. Magic, the cheerleader got no warning, but again wasn't a player, there are seperate rules for the player. The cheerleader could have been asked to leave the court a player, no.

Again, the proper procedure is to give a DOG warning first. Next time you have a DOG you issue a T. I assume(and I didn't watch the game) that there had been no other DOG warnings on SJU, correct?

 

So why would you give a T?

 

I've NEVER seen a warning in that situation. Throwing/slamming/whatever the ball gets a T or nothing. See UofL cheerleader

Again, the proper procedure is to give a DOG warning first. Next time you have a DOG you issue a T. I assume(and I didn't watch the game) that there had been no other DOG warnings on SJU, correct?

 

So why would you give a T?

 

So if someone takes the ball out of the net and throws in into the concession area during the game they will issue a warning first?

I've NEVER seen a warning in that situation. Throwing/slamming/whatever the ball gets a T or nothing. See UofL cheerleader

 

You're not comparing apples to apples. The kid, rightly or wrongly, thought the game was over. He wasn't responding to a call he disliked. Heck, there was no whistle so he couldn't be responding to that. The only chance you get a T is if the whistle blew and he then threw the ball in disgust. Not the case. No rule basis for a T.

So if someone takes the ball out of the net and throws in into the concession area during the game they will issue a warning first?

 

No. That would be a T.

 

I'll ask again. How can you call a DOG when there was a)no whistle b)the ball is still in play(ie not dead)?

 

Had A or B not been true you can then issue a T.

 

If the kid was standing in the middle of the court and the other team had given up and he threw the ball straight up into the air to the rafters to run out the clock should there be a T?

I've NEVER seen a warning in that situation. Throwing/slamming/whatever the ball gets a T or nothing. See UofL cheerleader

 

The UL cheerleader is not a player dribbling a live ball.

No. That would be a T.

 

I'll ask again. How can you call a DOG when there was a)no whistle b)the ball is still in play(ie not dead)?

 

Had A or B not been true you can then issue a T.

 

If the kid was standing in the middle of the court and the other team had given up and he threw the ball straight up into the air to the rafters to run out the clock should there be a T?

 

That was the 3rd strike. I'm not blaming the kid but the refs should have called all 3 of these things and I bet you 10 grand if take the ball out of the basketball on a made free throw and throw it into the stand they will call a T.

No. That would be a T.

 

I'll ask again. How can you call a DOG when there was a)no whistle b)the ball is still in play(ie not dead)?

 

Had A or B not been true you can then issue a T.

 

If the kid was standing in the middle of the court and the other team had given up and he threw the ball straight up into the air to the rafters to run out the clock should there be a T?

 

That's not delaying the game the ball will land back in bounds possibly if he threw it straight up and someone can get it.

That was the 3rd strike. I'm not blaming the kid but the refs should have called all 3 of these things and I bet you 10 grand if take the ball out of the basketball on a made free throw and throw it into the stand they will call a T.

 

What was the 3rd strike?

What was the 3rd strike?

 

If they would have got the first 2 right that would be 3 for delaying the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.