Hopkinsville job still open

The Scribe

Hopkinsville has offered their job to two people and been turned down twice.

They offered it to Mike Lawson, who then decided to withdraw his name and then stepped down at Central Hardin.

I've heard former Fairdale coach Jonathon Miller was also offered and turned it down.

Hoptown's basketball season ended last week and spring ball is just around the corner.

Tick Tock.

That's a tough gig. They do have talent but all the issues of a poor urban community as well. It doesn't help that your cross town rival has been led to the state title game twice in three years by a guy that you said wasn't good enough to be your coach.

That's a tough gig. They do have talent but all the issues of a poor urban community as well. It doesn't help that your cross town rival has been led to the state title game twice in three years by a guy that you said wasn't good enough to be your coach.

The people that made that brilliant decision are long gone...

I didn't think Lovelace had his teaching certificate when then Hoptown job first came open? I may be wrong on that.

I've heard Mancel Elam (former Fulton County coach, Calloway assistant) is interested. Not sure if the interest is mutual.