Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A Final: Bowling Green/Lexington Catholic discussion

Who wins the 3A State Title? 218 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 3A State Title?

    • Bowling Green
      54%
    • Lexington Catholic
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Just got finished looking at Bowling Greens schedule and scores. All I can say is good grief its impressive. Some of those scores looks like they were playing with the pee wee league. They had 8 shut outs, with one of those coming in the playoffs. I noticed they have only given up 3 touchdowns since Sept. 16th. Looks like 6 touchdowns given up all season. And there offense doesn't look all that shabby either. 611 points overall. Total points allowed is 54 thats like a field goal a game. And 13 of those points was to ST Xavier.

 

Im not sure where their offense ranks but looks to me like they have the #1 defense and probably the #2 offense in 3A. Very very impressive.

 

scott

USNavy

Bahrain

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowling Green will win...even if I were not a fan, I would still say this. I have said this once, and I will say it again...Sometimes all it takes is heart to win a game...the guys at BG not only have heart, however, skill as well! They will get the job done and bring the trophy home!!

 

Now Mrs PH, normally I agree w/ ya but I'd say if heart is the only determining factor in this one, get ready to move back the 2A and 1A games cause your gonna be in for LONG ONE since both teams have great heart.

 

I keep expecting someone to stop Lexington Catholic's O but Highlands was the only team to come close and a banged up Burke helped that some. I think this should be a slugfest amongst two great teams. If this is a blowout either way I'd be shocked. Im hoping the Knights can finally do something I've been waiting for Lex Cath to do since I was in the 6th grade.

 

Good Luck to both and hope its a great one.

Now Mrs PH, normally I agree w/ ya but I'd say if heart is the only determining factor in this one, get ready to move back the 2A and 1A games cause your gonna be in for LONG ONE since both teams have great heart.

 

I keep expecting someone to stop Lexington Catholic's O but Highlands was the only team to come close and a banged up Burke helped that some. I think this should be a slugfest amongst two great teams. If this is a blowout either way I'd be shocked. Im hoping the Knights can finally do something I've been waiting for Lex Cath to do since I was in the 6th grade.

 

Good Luck to both and hope its a great one.

 

 

....I said they have skill as well.... :D I don't believe it will be a blowout either...I am pulling for the Purples, of course! I think both sides want this real bad, we will just have to wait and see the outcome! :D

I'll take the N.C. State recruit and the rest of the Knights to take home this ship this year. Too much fire power for the Purples to handle. Lex. Cath 48-21
Bowling Green's defense is the best unit Lexington Catholic will face this season. I'll be shocked if the Knights score anything approaching 48.

Bowling Green is much better up front than Lexington Catholic, which will have to big-play the Purples. They will get pressure on Burke ... there may not be a better offensive line in the state than the one belonging to St. Xavier, but the Purples had Curley on the run all night.

 

Burke, on the other hand, is vastly better than Curley, both with his arm and feet. Burke's ability to scramble and throw on the run will be critical to Lexington Catholic's success. I think we all know he's capable of doing both.

 

Bowling Green will play ball-control, hoping their punishing running game will wear down Lexington Catholic's smallish defense. If the Purples don't become turnover-prone, I think they will be able to do it.

 

My pick ... Bowling Green 23, Lexington Catholic 14

Lc 21

Bg 14

Lexington Catholic 17

 

Bowling Green 14

This is one of those predictions that is more guess than science since I've not seen BG. I'm basing it only on what I've read, not seen, about them. If they have a power running game and run it straight up the gut, they'll move the ball and keep it away from Burke and Co. And if their defense is as good as advertised, when he does get it, he'll have his problems. Sorry LexCath, I'd like to see you win since you eliminated us, but

 

BG by 10. 24-14.

I think BG wins a close game, I think the difference will be the strenght of BG's D.

  • Author

This is the second-ever meeting between the two schools. Lexington Catholic won 35-0 in the second week of the 1999 season.

This is the second-ever meeting between the two schools. Lexington Catholic won 35-0 in the second week of the 1999 season.

 

I remember that one, LC dominated it really shutting down BG's power run. Course won't help us much this year.

Just got finished looking at Bowling Greens schedule and scores. All I can say is good grief its impressive. Some of those scores looks like they were playing with the pee wee league. They had 8 shut outs, with one of those coming in the playoffs. I noticed they have only given up 3 touchdowns since Sept. 16th. Looks like 6 touchdowns given up all season. And there offense doesn't look all that shabby either. 611 points overall. Total points allowed is 54 thats like a field goal a game. And 13 of those points was to ST Xavier.

 

Im not sure where their offense ranks but looks to me like they have the #1 defense and probably the #2 offense in 3A. Very very impressive.

 

scott

USNavy

Bahrain

 

You've got to be our most distant poster.

 

God Bless!

Wildcat,

 

You've got to be our most distant poster.

God Bless!

 

Thank you wildcat. It doesn't matter how far the Navy sends me from blue grass country, i'll always be a true blue fan, sorry to all you fans out there in the state of KY wearing RED. We forgive you and are still confident that you will turn from the darkside that is U of L and return to the collective.

 

Thanks to all the posters on here, for allowing me a small touch of home.

 

Scott Lewis

USNavy

Bahrain

In my opinion, this should be the best game of the bunch... I'm going to root for/pick Bowling Green in this one. Hopefully I'll be at Papa Johns saturday wo watch this matchup.

The question is not whethor Bowling Green has a great defense, but whethor their great defense can stop the equally great passing attack of LexCath. I think they can, im not impressed with LexCath's O-Line and still not sold on there defense as a whole. I am sold on a few Defensive players though. Ben Revere is a shutdown corner.

Can BG score enough cause there certainly not going to shut LC out?

 

With all this said BG by 3pts. They will cause enough turnovers with their defensive pressure to keep LC off of the board.

 

How can u root against great defense!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.