Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 3A Final: Bowling Green/Lexington Catholic discussion

Who wins the 3A State Title? 218 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 3A State Title?

    • Bowling Green
      54%
    • Lexington Catholic
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm not sure if BG can score enough or not, but their offense has averaged a little over 43 a game through 14 games. They may not have all the 'bells and whistles' that Lex Cath and Burke will bring into the game, but their offense isn't some slow plodding offense.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! Bowling Green will come away with the victory by a margin of two touchdowns.

I tell you what this one will be a dog fight a pure shootout this will be the best game to watch this weekend. Bowling Green's defense is dynamite they have shut down everyone this year. There offense also has been rowling throughout there post season run. The key will be Justin Burke. If they can contain this kid and force pressure and mess up his timing they will win. If they cant do this it will come down to who has the ball last. I think Burke in his last game finally gets a state title for L CATH

Bowling Green should get pressure with their front. But with the mobility of Burke that will cause the Purples some problems. BG is solid in the secondary but you can spread the field and pick on some areas. A QB that can use his feet to stay alive and with the arm to get the ball to his WR's will cause BG some problems. where BG has had the advantage against some of their stiffer competition is in the LINES.

 

If LC can stop the Veer and Quick Pitch then their in good shape defensively.

BG by a small margin, mainly because of their defence. Defence will win championships.

I know Bowling Green has a great defense, but Lex Cath has the most sophosticated offense in the state with the players to go with it. I'm sure Sphire has found a weakness in this defense (if they have one) because he is just that good of a coach. With that said i'm looking for a game in the 21-17 range.

Defense? Offense? Special Teams? it doesn't matter what you do or how you do it if you got speed you can win and catholic has one of the fastest teams I've ever seen. I'm not saying they will win because I don't cheer for private schools unless they are playing highlands. All I know is if this is a low scoring game I take bowling green, if its a shoot out I take catholic. Anyone wanting to know what the best game of the weekend is this one is it.

To be quite honest with everyone, lexington catholic has the best offense i have ever seen. They execute well, they have the best quarterback in the state as well as top 5 in the nation, they have an underestimated line and there skill players are amazing. This is not the best lexington catholic team of all time in my opinion, but easily the best offense. I dont beleive that the purples of bowling green will be any match for lexington catholic as far as athleticism is concerned. I am not taking away from the fact that they have talent, because they do. However i dont know that the talent they have will be able to shut down catholics high powered offense. The key of the game will be catholics ability to run the ball and create lanes. If Shane Isreal gets into the open feild, it could be lights out for Bowling Green. They will have to rap him up and watch his yards after first contact because if they tackle poorly it could be a long afternoon. Another key factor will be Lexington Catholic's ability to stop the run. Bowling greens quarterback looks to have some good speed and there running back is pretty incredible. Dont underestimate also the importance of special teams. Could be a back breaker or a game maker. With all this being said, i feel that this game could go either way. The purples have the best defense, Catholic with the best offense. I think of any game to call this is the hardest. I want catholic to win but all i can say is that if they dont come out ready to play this could be a beating. Good luck to both teams and especially good luck to the purples trying to stop burke and good luck to Burke trying to move the ball on the Purples.

This is not the best lexington catholic team of all time in my opinion...

 

That's interesting considering this is the first Lex. Cath. team to ever get out of the Region.

We played both of these really good teams early in the season. BG hadn't settled on their QB yet. Ireally like both teams, and think this may be the best game of the weekend. I got to go with BG because of the defense, and I believe, a more than adequate Offense. I won't be surprised by a LC victory though.

Lexington Catholic has had better teams. The overall talent level in 3a is down this year.

That's interesting considering this is the first Lex. Cath. team to ever get out of the Region.

 

This may be the best QB the Knights have ever had and also maybe the deepest recieveing core but overall I'd say NewTyboy3 is right. Size wise and speed wise the Knights have had some pretty impressive teams that just couldn't do it when the third round came. The '98 team that lost to Danville by 2 or 3 and the 2001 team that got dominated by Cov Cath after rolling through the regular season undefeated both were pretty good teams.

I take B-G in a barn-burner

This game goes to Bowling Green, I have seen better Lexington Catholic teams in the past. History shows that LexCath has the 'ole monkey on their back which sometimes causes them to choke in a big game (and this is a big game). (No offense LexCath)

Go BG :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.