February 24, 201115 yr Here is what I wish would happen. 1. Poole wakes up and starts playing like an All-American, but I doubt it happens. 2. Hood transfers, also doubt this. I think Hood is too hard-headed to transfer and would rather sit the bench and write a book about it after he graduates talking about the experience as a UK player from in-state (much like Krebs did) and try to make a living off his UK status. 3. Vargas just leaves, but as stated by another poster, who else wants him??????? 4. I hope Jones and Lamb both stay as another year would do them both well, neither are NBA ready. 5. Unfortunately Kentucky will have to keep some of these players around just to make sure they can play 5 on 5 at practice next year!
February 24, 201115 yr The Poole/Hood hate is amusing. One is a freshman and the other is a sophomore. Cal is a great recruiter, but not EVERYONE comes in like Knight/Jones/Lamb/Wall/Cousins. And those that do typically leave quickly. And if they leave, people will complain about that too. Give the guys a little time to develop. Maybe they'll never be great, but maybe as juniors/seniors they'll provide the valuable leadership that this year's team is missing. It's not like we've got a line of 5* players with no scholarships available, so I'm not sure why everyone is trying to get rid of half the roster from a team they all complain isn't deep enough.
February 25, 201115 yr If they are smart they all shall return. The only one that I think may go to the pros (and that's a big maybe) is Jones. BK is not strong enough, I think Lamb needs another year. This is just my opinion though.
February 25, 201115 yr Looks like Cal is on record publically stating they should all return...let's hope for their sake AND UK's that they listen.
February 27, 201115 yr Author Mobaar, No hating on Hood, I have no issues with the kid. I just for some reason feel he wants out. Poole on the other hand seems at least visually to always be happy and having a good time.
February 27, 201115 yr Hood needs to go somewhere where he can play 30 minutes a game, like an EKU, Morehead, etc., because if he doesn't get time this year, how on earth will he next year with all the talent Uk should have available. He could turn out to be a very good player with some PT and confidence,
February 27, 201115 yr The Poole/Hood hate is amusing. One is a freshman and the other is a sophomore. Cal is a great recruiter, but not EVERYONE comes in like Knight/Jones/Lamb/Wall/Cousins. And those that do typically leave quickly. And if they leave, people will complain about that too. Give the guys a little time to develop. Maybe they'll never be great, but maybe as juniors/seniors they'll provide the valuable leadership that this year's team is missing. It's not like we've got a line of 5* players with no scholarships available, so I'm not sure why everyone is trying to get rid of half the roster from a team they all complain isn't deep enough. No way I could have said that better.
February 27, 201115 yr The Poole/Hood hate is amusing. One is a freshman and the other is a sophomore. Cal is a great recruiter, but not EVERYONE comes in like Knight/Jones/Lamb/Wall/Cousins. And those that do typically leave quickly. And if they leave, people will complain about that too. Give the guys a little time to develop. Maybe they'll never be great, but maybe as juniors/seniors they'll provide the valuable leadership that this year's team is missing. It's not like we've got a line of 5* players with no scholarships available, so I'm not sure why everyone is trying to get rid of half the roster from a team they all complain isn't deep enough. :thumb::thumb: How much did Cameron Mills play his first two years? How valuable was he his Sr. year?
February 27, 201115 yr :thumb::thumb: How much did Cameron Mills play his first two years? How valuable was he his Sr. year? For that matter how much did Delk play as a freshman?
February 27, 201115 yr :thumb::thumb: How much did Cameron Mills play his first two years? How valuable was he his Sr. year? Wasn't Cameron Mills a walk-on? Not much of a parallel though I am not ready to cast away everyone because they are not NBA ready out of the gate.
February 27, 201115 yr For that matter how much did Delk play as a freshman? He probably averaged 4 or 5 points a game but took off the next season.
February 27, 201115 yr He probably averaged 4 or 5 points a game but took off the next season. Mt point exactly. Sometimes it takes guys a while to get comfortable. I hope Darius Miller is getting comfortable.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.