Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK, Who Stays Who Goes after this season??

Featured Replies

I disagree; every NBA team needs shooters; Lamb is a 6'4 shooter; Bledsoe is a 6'0 PG.

 

Lamb handles it plenty well enough to be an off-guard.

 

Zero chance Lamb can succeed in the NBA as a 2 guard. He's no where close to being athletic enough to play that position. His NBA chances rest with developing his ball skills and being a scoring/shooting PG.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zero chance Lamb can succeed in the NBA as a 2 guard. He's no where close to being athletic enough to play that position. His NBA chances rest with developing his ball skills and being a scoring/shooting PG.

 

Agreed. And I would say the same thing about Knight.

Zero chance Lamb can succeed in the NBA as a 2 guard. He's no where close to being athletic enough to play that position. His NBA chances rest with developing his ball skills and being a scoring/shooting PG.

 

"no where close to being athletic enough"??????????? You don't have to be a high-flying dunker to play in the NBA! He's as athletic as Ray Allen and he has done okay in the league.

"no where close to being athletic enough"??????????? You don't have to be a high-flying dunker to play in the NBA! He's as athletic as Ray Allen and he has done okay in the league.

 

He's not even close to being on the same planet of athleticism as Ray Ray. He's also not even close to the shooter as Ray.

He's not even close to being on the same planet of athleticism as Ray Ray. He's also not even close to the shooter as Ray.

I still think Lamb's biggest weakness will be defending guys. He can be crafty enough to score some points, no person is doubting that. But he is not possess the lateral quickness to keep up with 95% of NBA back courts. And as I said, if you cannot do that, you will not play in the NBA.

I still think Lamb's biggest weakness will be defending guys. He can be crafty enough to score some points, no person is doubting that. But he is not possess the lateral quickness to keep up with 95% of NBA back courts. And as I said, if you cannot do that, you will not play in the NBA.

 

We're in total agreement. He's got to learn to be a PG or he'll never succeed in the league IMO.

To me it seems that Jones is gone, Knight is on the bubble, and Lamb wants to go but will end up staying.

 

Jones is a top 5 pick since the NBA drafts on potential and Jones is ate up with it.

 

Knight is somewhat of the wild card I think. Knight likes college and wants to win, but he also is projected as a first round pick and potential lottery pick. I think Knight needs to work on his game some more before making the jump (I do not see him as the same caliber athlete as elite level NBA guards) but if he was to look at next years roster he may think his production goes down mainly his scoring and move on. At this point I would say it is a 60-40 he turns pro, but would not be surprised to see him at UK next year.

 

Lamb is the player that wants to be a pro, but also has the most room to improve his stock IMO. Putting Lamb in an offense with so many other scoring threats around him will make him that much more dangerous as a shooter and get him more open looks I think. It would also give him more time to wok on handling the ball and guarding ball handlers for his pro career. On the other hand if Knight stays he will feel a little pressed to go seeing as playing time could be split between Teague, Knight, and Lamb. I think it would be hard to play with all 3 of them in the game since they all lack the ability to match up with a true small forward. Maybe when teams come with a 3 guard set, but hard to see it often I think.

 

I also think that either Hood or Vargas or both will be gone. I am leaning toward Vargas simply because I think he is awful and has not future, but Hood is not developing like anyone had hoped and might start seeing the writing on the wall.

I would add that this year's draft is extremely weak, while next year's will be much stronger. That also increases the likelihood of Knight and/or Lamb leaving early.

Jones is gone.

Kanter, obviously, is gone.

Lamb comes back.

Knight goes.

Hood transfers (wishful thinking on my part.)

 

Wonder if we could convine him to take Polson with him??? Shoooooooooooooot!

Hood has been an under achiever while Polson has been an over achiever. Big difference. JMO.

I would add that this year's draft is extremely weak, while next year's will be much stronger. That also increases the likelihood of Knight and/or Lamb leaving early.

 

I think that's even a bigger indication that Lamb needs to come back....If he's not even a 1st rounder in one of the weakest drafts ever, he definitely needs to improve his game.

I think they all come back unless one or two transfer. Does any of these draft projections have Jones being a lottery pick? I just don't think he is ready. I know Knight is not ready either. Maybe just wishful thinking they all come back to add them to next years incoming class.

I disagree; every NBA team needs shooters; Lamb is a 6'4 shooter; Bledsoe is a 6'0 PG.

 

Lamb handles it plenty well enough to be an off-guard.

 

Lamb is a good shooter but I don't think he's a sharpshooter. At 6'4" with limited athleticism and handle he would have to be to become an effective pro IMO.

Sounds crazy, but I can't wait for Jones to be gone. He is a mess.

I think they all come back unless one or two transfer. Does any of these draft projections have Jones being a lottery pick? I just don't think he is ready. I know Knight is not ready either. Maybe just wishful thinking they all come back to add them to next years incoming class.

 

Jones is a projected top 5 pick in most mock drafts, with Knight being at the end of the lottery-mid first round.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.