Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK, Who Stays Who Goes after this season??

Featured Replies

  • Author

Watching the past two weeks games and then considering what all these NBA scouts say about UK's pro prospects and comparing Jones to Knight and simply looking at Lamb individually, things seem very telling.

 

Knight as I said to start this thread, would dictate where his Draft Stock was based upon play down the stretch. Heading into SEC Tournament play I'd say there are few SEC players at least who have seen their prospects rise so much. Knight is a playmaker, smart, athletic, and a scorer. He also lacks physical presence and at the NBA level would very much need to improve further as a point guard. Still, this kid in my opinion, shows time and time again he is most ready for the show when it comes to his game today.

 

Jones, all the talent in the world, just a matter of whether he wants to use it or not. Defensively the kid is lazy and gets lost. His spurts of energy are few and far between. He'll come up with huge steals on occassion, count on it though that two to three times a game he loses his man and you see a wide open dunk down low. Offensively, he is a physical beast. He likes the post up game, still I question how effective he can be. His game seems to require an effective 5 playing opposite him. When Jones is the post presence his game struggles against true block shot specialists. He has poor shot selection and his mid range jumper isn't as automatic of late. I question whether its his discomfort with his role at UK as our down low offensive player or maybe he isn't as versatile as once thought. Still, I don't see much question he is gone after the year. I do have to say his games holes keeping getting exposed. I'd not be surprised to see his NBA stock decline a bit.

 

Lamb. The kid is a 6'4'' shooter without overwhelming athleticisim that makes him as much of a slashing presence. The kid has a niche. He does it well in spurts. He has lots of confidence and room to grow talent wise and strength/size wise. His disappearance at cruical times the past four or five games has stood out most though. Lamb defensively is still learning, offensively he is also learning. He will learn to move with and without the ball, but at this point he is low second round pick at best. Once again, only reason this kid leaves is bad advice/tired of college. Doron Lamb lacks the athleticism and ball handling skills of Bledsoe and the height/physical presence of Daniel Orton to make him even comparable to either of those guys. If Jodie meeks and Azabuike couldn't do it with their size, I don't see much hope for Doron this year.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Poole/Hood hate is amusing. One is a freshman and the other is a sophomore. Cal is a great recruiter, but not EVERYONE comes in like Knight/Jones/Lamb/Wall/Cousins. And those that do typically leave quickly. And if they leave, people will complain about that too.

 

Give the guys a little time to develop. Maybe they'll never be great, but maybe as juniors/seniors they'll provide the valuable leadership that this year's team is missing.

 

It's not like we've got a line of 5* players with no scholarships available, so I'm not sure why everyone is trying to get rid of half the roster from a team they all complain isn't deep enough.

 

I agree. I'm hoping all of these guys can develop into decent players at least.

 

As for the thread question, Jones is the only guy that I feel certain is going to leave.

 

I have a feeling Knight will stay another year, but that's just a hunch. It will probably end up being wrong. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.