Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK, Who Stays Who Goes after this season??

Featured Replies

Jones and Lamb are one and done, Poole will transfer. With graduation of Harrellson and the 4 incoming Frosh, I count 3 availible scholarships.

 

As I mentioned in the UK 2012 recruiting thread, Lamb is struggling to stay eligible every day, and that may be the reason he leaves, but I wasn't told if that was the reason why he wil leave early. Poole is accepting not playing this year but will not be back, the players and coaches were wondering at Christmas break if he would return then. He sees the writting on the wall with the 2011 recruiting class.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones and Lamb are one and done, Poole will transfer. With graduation of Harrellson and the 4 incoming Frosh, I count 3 availible scholarships.

 

As I mentioned in the UK 2012 recruiting thread, Lamb is struggling to stay eligible every day, and that may be the reason he leaves, but I wasn't told if that was the reason why he wil leave early. Poole is accepting not playing this year but will not be back, the players and coaches were wondering at Christmas break if he would return then. He sees the writting on the wall with the 2011 recruiting class.

 

How is Lamb "struggling to stay eligible every day"?

Jones and Lamb are one and done, Poole will transfer. With graduation of Harrellson and the 4 incoming Frosh, I count 3 availible scholarships.

 

As I mentioned in the UK 2012 recruiting thread, Lamb is struggling to stay eligible every day, and that may be the reason he leaves, but I wasn't told if that was the reason why he wil leave early. Poole is accepting not playing this year but will not be back, the players and coaches were wondering at Christmas break if he would return then. He sees the writting on the wall with the 2011 recruiting class.

 

I don't see Poole transferring. Hood on the other hand could IMO.

Not really, Lamb isn't going to be a first round pick.

 

Better shooter than Bledsoe and has a tremendous mid-range game, which most prospects don't have nowadays; not saying he should go, just that he will.

Better shooter than Bledsoe and has a tremendous mid-range game, which most prospects don't have nowadays; not saying he should go, just that he will.

 

Lamb isn't half as athletic as Bledsoe and at the same point doesn't have near the upside. Bledsoe was quick, fast, could handle the ball aloy better, and could shoot (maybe not as good as Lamb). His game needed work and I thought he could have used another year but Lamb is not the prospect Bledsoe was.

Unless Lamb is struggling in school I don't see why he'd even want to throw his name into the draft.

Unless Lamb is struggling in school I don't see why he'd even want to throw his name into the draft.
And there you have it.....
I don't see Poole transferring. Hood on the other hand could IMO.
This is what the team and coaches were wondering before and during Christmas break, is he going to come back for the rest of the season. He has seen just about as many minutes as Polson, he knows he can go elsewhere and contribute. I have not heard anything about Hood but I can see your point, if he does go then I am counting 4 schollys left over.
I think Jones leaves but Knight and Lamb return for one more year.

 

I think one or the other stays but certainly not both, with the one more likely being Lamb.

Just saw this posted on another UK discussion site about Coach Cal's recent comments about the potential NBA lockout:

 

"Said it's looking more and more likely that one would happen, and a long one at that.

 

Said owners want a 3 year rule for college players, while players union wants a no year rule.

 

More interesting comment was that with a lockout, it's only worth leaving or whatever for the top 2 or 3 players that get shoe deals because for everyone else, the money doesn't even start coming till NBA season. Until then, seems like agents kinda take care of players."

 

From those comments, it at least sounds at first glance that Cal is going to take a different approach when advising players what they should do after this season...

^ It's going to be a real mess. There is about a 99.9999% chance the NBA does have a lockout so it should be interesting.

Dear basketball gods......please make a lockout so Kyrie Irving will have to come back. He is needed for one more year. Thank you, PP92

 

Oops, wrong thread. My bad fellas.

Dear basketball gods......please make a lockout so Kyrie Irving will have to come back. He is needed for one more year. Thank you, PP92

 

Oops, wrong thread. My bad fellas.

 

I think UK fans will gladly make the trade off of 1 more year for Irving at Duke if it means 1 more year at UK for Knight, Jones, & Lamb. With the classes they both have coming in, there would be more NBA talent in Lexington and Durham than some NBA cities. :lol:

Just saw this posted on another UK discussion site about Coach Cal's recent comments about the potential NBA lockout:

 

"Said it's looking more and more likely that one would happen, and a long one at that.

 

Said owners want a 3 year rule for college players, while players union wants a no year rule.

 

More interesting comment was that with a lockout, it's only worth leaving or whatever for the top 2 or 3 players that get shoe deals because for everyone else, the money doesn't even start coming till NBA season. Until then, seems like agents kinda take care of players."

 

From those comments, it at least sounds at first glance that Cal is going to take a different approach when advising players what they should do after this season...

 

I've been thinking he was going to be taking a different approach anyway. Last year he had two of the top 5 guys in the draft, he had to tell them to go. Even guys like Bledsoe and Pat, he knew with what he had coming in this year he could be okay without them. Obviously he expected Kanter to get to play, but still he was pretty free with the idea of urging last years guys to go into the draft. I think he knew it would be a major coop for recruiting and it was. However, as this season drags on and more and more depth problems become an issue, I think he would love to have a team next year that is as deep with talent as he could possibly have. I mean imagine if everybody but Harrelson and Jones comes back, or better yet imagine everybody but Harrelson coming back. That is a team that is very capable of winning a championship and Cal is one of the few coaches that can handle getting all of that talent on the same page and coming together with success. That is something that is very hard to do, see Roy Williams and Carolina the past few seasons who have also been bringing in a slue of top 30 guys, but not performing to the level as Cals youngsters. The years Roy has won it has been with plenty of upperclass guys mixed with a couple youngsters. So it is something that is hard to do, especially when egos and numerous other factors go into consideration, but I think Calipari is one of the few coaches that could primarily win with a frosh/soph team.

 

Another thing to think about is this. The guys coming in are winners. Gilchrist is a winner, Teague is a winner. Davis not necessarily a winner because his team is not on par with other teams in their league, but he has that winning mentality. Wiltjer is a winner, even Lacey if he comes in is a winner. All guys mentioned, other than Davis have won state titles, very impressive. Then say if Knight comes back, winner, has won state titles. Jones (if by miracle) has won state titles, Lamb has competed for Oak Hill, the highest of levels, the Gauchos which are the highest level of AAU, and we all know how hard the New York City league is. Then you even back it on down to somebody like Darius Miller who got to win a state title in high school as well. If these guys come back, you have a team full of guys who have winning pedigrees and winning mentalities and I think it could create something very special. I feel Calipari see's things the same way and I think if possible he tries to lead the guys on this years team to the same idea of how special next year can be.

 

 

I could see giving Jones the nod to go pro based on the fact he is likely top 5 or top 10 in the draft, but I can honestly see him urging Knight and Lamb back for another season because he can honestly look at them and say they both improve their draft stocks by coming back to school. Knight is of the character he would listen, he enjoys school and he wants to win big. Lamb maybe not so much, but I couldn't see Cal pushing him to the draft. If you look at this scenario it would be ideal because of the freshman Jones would be the one most affordable to lose being Gilchrist, Davis and Wiltjer are all coming in and could play the same position he is playing this year.

Lamb isn't half as athletic as Bledsoe and at the same point doesn't have near the upside. Bledsoe was quick, fast, could handle the ball aloy better, and could shoot (maybe not as good as Lamb). His game needed work and I thought he could have used another year but Lamb is not the prospect Bledsoe was.

 

I disagree; every NBA team needs shooters; Lamb is a 6'4 shooter; Bledsoe is a 6'0 PG.

 

Lamb handles it plenty well enough to be an off-guard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.