Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Student Section

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a CovCath game at home in years but I will always remember playing their in High School in the 70's and seeing my old friend, Scott Knochleman, leading the charge!

 

I graduated with Scott. He was a force of nature. I agree totally with the sentiments expressed about the Central band and dance squad. They are excellent. Holy Cross (Covington) can raise some cain, especially in the Finn.

I vote for Spencer County as the best student section I have never seen.

I vote for Spencer County as the best student section I have never seen.

 

:laugh::laugh::thumb:

Sure there is, its an elective cross listed with study hall.

 

Do they give college scholarships for that?

Cov Cath with out a doubt. They came to Conner on year and if they would have been all on the same level they would have filled one side and that is saying a lot, probably close to 1000 stuents came to the game. They also broke the bleachers at Conner and they had to be repaired the next day, it was a mess.

 

As for the class I heard from somebody that went there in the early 80's that there was a class but not any more.

I also hate to see other schools who think they are on level with CovCath. it is an art form in Park Hills, anywhere else it is just acting stupid.

Cov Cath with out a doubt. They came to Conner on year and if they would have been all on the same level they would have filled one side and that is saying a lot, probably close to 1000 stuents came to the game. They also broke the bleachers at Conner and they had to be repaired the next day, it was a mess.

 

As for the class I heard from somebody that went there in the early 80's that there was a class but not any more.

 

That's a very large student crowd considering they only have about 500 students in the whole school.

That's a very large student crowd considering they only have about 500 students in the whole school.

 

Your right, they were not all students, I should have been more specific on it being the student section, but I am serious when I say that there was probably close to 1000 people in their section. They started on the floor and went all the way to the upper deck at Conner High School. Just doing some estimation, Conner holds around 3700 people to 4000 depending on how well the fire marshall is paying attention, and on the night I am thinking about they had roughly 1000 people in their section, what was so neat about it was that all of the cheers that the kids were doing were done by everybody. It was a truly awesome site.

There's no student section class at Covington Catholic. It's not necessary. There are just a few simple rules:

 

1. No girls allowed;

2. Everyone cheers

3. Freshman in the back, seniors in front.

  • Author

I haven't made bogus stats. I just really liked how this small school has made a name for themselves this year in the district and region. There student section was really good the night I watched them they were fun to watch and showed alot of class. Hats off to all student sections they are the heart of the school

I graduated with Scott. He was a force of nature. I agree totally with the sentiments expressed about the Central band and dance squad. They are excellent. Holy Cross (Covington) can raise some cain, especially in the Finn.

 

HC can get rowdy, but aren't as organized as CCH especially on the road.

Cov Cath has the best cheering section and most engaging in high school sports. Not only are they great but they engage the opponents coaches, players and cheering section with class. I have spoken to people in Lexington and each year they wish Cov Cath would make the Sweet 16 just for the cheering section. They are fun to watch, great themes and clever.

 

Thats what I love about the Crzies, they are so involved and they are extremely classy. You don't here the jibberish other schools yell out. I am an avid 8th region follower and played ball in the 8th 4 years ago, and I seriously don't ever remember seeing even a decent student section from Spencer until this year, and it isnt THAT impressive.

There are some spirited groups down here in the 19th District. Bardstown's the best, but the Nelson Co. and Bethlehem kids keep them on their toes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.