Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Student Section

Featured Replies

When Spencer County wins the below award from the KHSAA, please let me know, then we can talk about them being the Best Student Cheering Section!

 

 

Link

 

2006 National City / KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Awards

FIRST CORBIN SPORTSMANSHIP AWARD

First Corbin Financial Corporation Sportsmanship Award – given to a participant in the tournament who best exemplifies the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play throughout the event.

 

First Corbin (Darrell Terry)

 

Student Section, Covington Catholic High School

 

BTW it was the first and only time a Student Cheering Section has been so honored by the KHSAA.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath is the best in the 9th by far, I'd say. Not sure of other regions.

 

I am a firm believer that if Cov Cath's student section wanted to travel around the state to hold "student section cheering section clinics" that they could attrack some interest. If you have not had the chance to do so, check them out on you tube.

Really I have been to 7 games at home at Cov. Cath and they did not have as stong of a Student Section as Spencer I think you might want to double check that and really get a clue on what a Student Secton does.

 

Oh really? And which games where those?

 

AND, for someone who claims they go to "Shelb Collins", how come the majority of your posts are about Spencer Co? You have never posted about Collins at all. :sssh:

I just watched the video from the Montgomery Co game...and no offense to either CCH or Montomery Co people...but this wasn't even one of the better games I've seen them do. Wait till you see them vs Highlands or NCC or someone that tries to out do them.

Really I have been to 7 games at home at Cov. Cath and they did not have as stong of a Student Section as Spencer I think you might want to double check that and really get a clue on what a Student Secton does.

 

I like CCH in the head to head match up. Too much size and talent for Spencer to handle. I think Cov Cath returned around 400 from last year, and are poised to just keep re-loading over the next 10+ years. Park Hills is just an absolute power house in cheering. Although they do have an unfair advantage though, as they can recruit the best cheerers from around the region.

Glad to hear schools like Spencer County and others are out supporting their boys. Lack of support from the student body is still a problem at most schools.

 

I've seen other strong student bodies in NKY - St Henry, Holy Cross, NCC on occasion. What separates CCH from most is consistency. They always show up - not just for the "big" games.

 

I'm always stunned at schools like Ryle who have another strong team yet fail to get student support. 1200+ kids and they simply do not show up. Same with Conner and Boone.

I like CCH in the head to head match up. Too much size and talent for Spencer to handle. I think Cov Cath returned around 400 from last year, and are poised to just keep re-loading over the next 10+ years. Park Hills is just an absolute power house in cheering. Although they do have an unfair advantage though, as they can recruit the best cheerers from around the region.

 

:lol::lol:

 

Have you seen the JV Crazies that'll be coming up front in the student section next year? I couldn't believe how fast they are.

:lol::lol:

 

Have you seen the JV Crazies that'll be coming up front in the student section next year? I couldn't believe how fast they are.

 

The "The Seniors in Training Crazies" while still in their learning stage, did themselves proud in the Freshmen Championship Game a week or so ago in the NCC vs CovCath game. Looks like the future is in good hands.

 

I just wonder if CovCath has any Crazies studs coming up this year from the 8th grade classes?

 

I have heard of one, I think they call him lefty and the word on the street is the kid has a bright future ahead of him and just might make it to the front row in his 10th grade year! Now I haven't heard him yet but that is the report I get! Anyone?

 

Never to early to start training these youngsters! :D

I once was asked by a student at Holmes during a physical therapy session if we "really had a class to teach us how to cheer." Is that really a rumor that some believe?

Hopefully we have some Cov Cath students on BGP, but I for one would not mind if thier student section was invited to Rupp regardless if Cov Cath wins the 9th or not just for the entertainment of watching them perform!

Hopefully we have some Cov Cath students on BGP, but I for one would not mind if thier student section was invited to Rupp regardless if Cov Cath wins the 9th or not just for the entertainment of watching them perform!

 

One of our plans senior year was to show up at a random game, say Beechwood vs Holy Cross, and cheer for the Colonels. It ended up falling through but I'm waiting for the day that a group of seniors puts it together because it would be hysterical.

Really I have been to 7 games at home at Cov. Cath and they did not have as stong of a Student Section as Spencer I think you might want to double check that and really get a clue on what a Student Secton does.

 

TEAMBALLER.....you're a real piece of work! You start a thread and ask for opinions, then people reply and you bash em....real classy!

I think the bogus stats from TB are the funniest :lol:

Hopefully we have some Cov Cath students on BGP, but I for one would not mind if thier student section was invited to Rupp regardless if Cov Cath wins the 9th or not just for the entertainment of watching them perform!

 

Them and the Central band and dance squad should have standing invites.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.