Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Student Section

Featured Replies

Them and the Central band and dance squad should have standing invites.

 

JS...add these two (that dance team could put a hurting on somebody) and the state tournament together, it's a guarantee that Kentucky has the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them and the Central band and dance squad should have standing invites.

 

Agree 100% I really enjoy watching all of them. All are #1 IMO.:thumb::thumb:

Them and the Central band and dance squad should have standing invites.

 

No kidding. Central was awesome as well at the tournament.

Really I have been to 7 games at home at Cov. Cath and they did not have as stong of a Student Section as Spencer I think you might want to double check that and really get a clue on what a Student Secton does.[/QUOTE]I didn't know Spencer had a student section until this year.
I once was asked by a student at Holmes during a physical therapy session if we "really had a class to teach us how to cheer." Is that really a rumor that some believe?

 

I work with a CovCath parent who said that the students do get together during their free period and organize what they will do for that night's game. If that is true, that explains how well organized their group is. I'm not here to rate student sections, but I think I could only think of one or two other schools in the Greater Cincinnati area who could rival the Colonel Crazies.

Blue Colonel crazies without a doubt.

I once was asked by a student at Holmes during a physical therapy session if we "really had a class to teach us how to cheer." Is that really a rumor that some believe?

 

Have heard that many times & probably repeated it. Oops.

CovCath is the best, but I remember back when I was a senior at Brossart, we had an amazing student section. We played CovCath on their "toga night/senior night", and had just as many if not more students there than they did. They were also pretty darn quiet when the game was a blowout in Brossart's favor most of the 2nd half. :D

I work with a CovCath parent who said that the students do get together during their free period and organize what they will do for that night's game. If that is true, that explains how well organized their group is. I'm not here to rate student sections, but I think I could only think of one or two other schools in the Greater Cincinnati area who could rival the Colonel Crazies.

 

That most definitely takes place. My senior year we had two shifts worth of study hall students build a litter with a throne on it for the senior/toga night. It was pretty hilarious.

Cov Cath has the best cheering section and most engaging in high school sports. Not only are they great but they engage the opponents coaches, players and cheering section with class. I have spoken to people in Lexington and each year they wish Cov Cath would make the Sweet 16 just for the cheering section. They are fun to watch, great themes and clever.

I work with a CovCath parent who said that the students do get together during their free period and organize what they will do for that night's game. If that is true, that explains how well organized their group is. I'm not here to rate student sections, but I think I could only think of one or two other schools in the Greater Cincinnati area who could rival the Colonel Crazies.

 

Sure. During their free time but there's no such thing as Cheering 101.

Sure there is, its an elective cross listed with study hall.

 

I thought Hartman had that class canceled?

I haven't seen a CovCath game at home in years but I will always remember playing their in High School in the 70's and seeing my old friend, Scott Knochleman, leading the charge!

I haven't seen a CovCath game at home in years but I will always remember playing their in High School in the 70's and seeing my old friend, Scott Knochleman, leading the charge!

 

Never new Knochs, but I've heard plenty about him, and from my understanding that's what the guy was all about, top to bottom.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.