Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ole Miss 71 UK 69

Featured Replies

Even though Duke hasn't played very well on the road this year, I believe UK has played even worse. Good thing for both teams that there are no road games in the NCAA tournament. Technically, that is.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure who else said it at the begining of the season, but UK has shown they will struggle at times. But, the people that said this were called out by a few other "fans" questioning their support/loyalty, and saying everything is going to be okay this year, well sorry to say we are not where we all want them to be. Hope for a good SEC tourney and a good draw in the NCAA.

And another uk loss to an ex Uc coach. Just imagine if they had to play in a real conference with true athletes like the Big East. Uk is..... TERRIBLE

 

Uk? Doesn't matter they will lose to a Big East team anyway. Haha

 

UK is 2 and 1 against 3 of the top teams in the Big East this year. So that is a hard argument for you to make right now. However it probably would be basically the same as now, losing on the road, but being able to win at home.

Darius Miller's tweet after the game:

 

uknum1: "I wanna apologize to my teammates and the #bbn for losing that game. "

  • Author
Darius Miller's tweet after the game:

 

uknum1: "I wanna apologize to my teammates and the #bbn for losing that game. "

 

Not accepted. :lol:

I may or may not have ran up to AK and hugged him right before he was interviewed by ESPN after the game. Still in shock, I just hope I wake up tomorrow and this still happened. AK will have a job next year as he should, Ole Miss is a hard place to build out with little basketball support. But ya I'm in shock. I expected for us to get our tails whipped tonight. Buckner staying out of foul trouble really helped. First game all year he didn't sit in the first half for foul trouble.

~Ole Miss lost to UGa and UT by 22 and 17 at home...just saying.

~Only 3 people scored in the second half.

~Darius, why?

~Off to the O-Dome.

I'm not all that surprised. Kentucky has been awful on the road this year.

Didn't Cal leave timeouts on the floor. I am not for sure but I think he had 2 left. If I am going to have freshman oriented teams, maybe I should try to coach them instead of yelling at them all the time. Any fool can yell, but only a select few can coach.

We cant ask for much more from our Freshmen upperclassmen have to step they're game up.

I've given up hope for this team as far as being really good. I'm just going to root for them and enjoy watching them and win they win I'll be happy. I'm not going to be disappointed with another loss this season. I refuse to do it.

 

That's the mentality I decided to start the season with, especially when we realized that Kanter wasn't going to see the floor. It's tough.

 

I think last night was a perfect example of why this team struggles. The upperclassmen just did not get it done and there seems to be a serious lack in leadership on the floor.

Didn't Cal leave timeouts on the floor. I am not for sure but I think he had 2 left. If I am going to have freshman oriented teams, maybe I should try to coach them instead of yelling at them all the time. Any fool can yell, but only a select few can coach.

 

I agree on the timeouts. Cal is going to have to be more aggressive late in games with the timeouts. When Miller picked up his dribble and got stuck, he should have yelled timeout immediately. I don't care if there were only 3 seconds left on the shot clock. The other thing is Brandon Knight can't give up the ball in that situation. He has to be the one to take the ball with 10 seconds to go and try to make something happen, like Wall did last year, like Warren did for Miss., etc.

Terrible performance by the Cats. Nobody on the team can finish at the rim. Its all finger rolls and no dunks. Hopefully some of the guys next year are more athletic.

 

I was glad to see Knight finally act like he cared that they were getting embarrassed. The rest of the team seems perfectly find getting pushed around.

 

On a side note, the officials didn't help, but it shouldn't have mattered. I counted at least 3 times a UK player was pushed out of bounds and there was no call. Also, what happened to secondary defender's not being able to take a charge under the basket? It seems that was called correctly for about 2 games this season and then all the officials forgot about it (and not just in UK games).

I agree on the timeouts. Cal is going to have to be more aggressive late in games with the timeouts. When Miller picked up his dribble and got stuck, he should have yelled timeout immediately. I don't care if there were only 3 seconds left on the shot clock. The other thing is Brandon Knight can't give up the ball in that situation. He has to be the one to take the ball with 10 seconds to go and try to make something happen, like Wall did last year, like Warren did for Miss., etc.

 

Agreed. Cal turned his back to the court and went to sit down with about 12 seconds left on the shot clock, but Miller should have taken the wide open look so it really wasn't Calls fault but he should ahve called one with 3 left on the shot clock. I know there was only 3 seconds left but they should have been able to get a better shot off than they did at the end wit two TO's left.

 

It's difficult to win on the road in college basketball for everyone. The 8 teams that do it the best will be the 1-2 seeds in the tournament. UK will be a 3-5. It's not surprising that a really young team with Harrelson as your only big man and he's your 5th or 6th best player struggles at times. They should struggle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.