Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ole Miss 71 UK 69

Featured Replies

Florida will win this game. There big men are starting to play some pretty good ball.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very frustrating team to watch, and I'm creeping closely to the point of indifference with them. Would probably disagree about UK being a top ten team at home--they simply haven't been challenged by a quality team there. I'm expecting one loss at Rupp this year.

This team has more guys that I can't wait to see gone than any other UK team ever has.

 

I can't wait until Jones, Miller, Hood, and Vargas are gone.

This team has more guys that I can't wait to see gone than any other UK team ever has.

 

I can't wait until Jones, Miller, Hood, and Vargas are gone.

 

Finding it hard to disagree with this.

Jones was a step late coming out on him off the screen. He still made a difficult shot. I would rather him shoot that shot than blow by Jones and have a layup.

 

Or you keep it out of his hands, and make someone else beat you.

I don't realy see Harrellson as all that relevant, he got abused all night. The other two are legit, but Harrellson was manhandled. He just wasn't quick enough to keep up with Buckner.

 

Harrellson is relevent because with Liggins already out, you end up with Vargas.

We know the negatives, what positives did you take from the game?

 

Doron Lamb 20 points on 8/13 shooting from the floor I believe! Love that kid.

Doron Lamb 20 points on 8/13 shooting from the floor I believe! Love that kid.

I agree. The running floater is a tough shot that he seems to hit with ease.

Do you really believe they need a wake up call at this point? They've had a few of these "wake up calls" by this point. Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss. All road losses. They simply can't play on the road.

At some point you have to hit bottom. Ole Miss is horrible, I can stomach the Bama and the Ga. losses and chalk it up to them being decent teams combined with them still being relatively young freshmen. Now you are in Feb. playing a team like Ole Miss. If your going to turn the corner its gotta be this game.

I can't see this team winning any of their final 4 road contests. @UF, @UT, @Vandy, and @Ark.

Not sure how you let Warren have such a good look at a 3 to beat you??

 

Huh? I don't think I would call 28 ft. out shooting over T. Jones a good look. But I see your point. Warren should have been double teamed all over the court and forced to give up the ball.

We know the negatives, what positives did you take from the game?

 

Despite forcing the action early, I thought Jones finally let the game come to him. He had one terrible three point attempt, but other shots were in his range. Love him or hate him, Jones made plays the final 2-3 minutes. Huge blocks and did not miss a shot (FG or FT). Knight put together about the best 1 minute stretch in all of college basketball this year -- then that was about all he did. Lamb was solid all night but cannot defend.

 

I also believe Harrellson has taken his "role" to the extreme. We know he is there to mix it up and get rebounds, but he poses very little threat on the offensive end. I would like to see him get touches to get Jones in better position.

 

The positive for me is Terrence Jones might start seeing how weak he is and that he needs another year in college to get strong enough for the NBA. He is getting pushed around a lot by these physical SEC interior players.

Or you keep it out of his hands, and make someone else beat you.

Easier said than done. If you double him someone would be open and they had time to do about anything they wanted.

Easier said than done. If you double him someone would be open and they had time to do about anything they wanted.

Not saying it would be easy. If Jones commits to a 100% hedge and is in his grill, then Warren's only option would have been to drop the ball to the player who set the pick. He would have recieved the ball at the top of the key with about 3 secs on the clock. Now he has to make the shot. That's what I would have done. But what do I know? I'm a guy that puts a tall player on the inbounder in a full court situation at the end of a game...

Who knows what was going through his mind last night. Just when we thought the light had turned on, he found the off switch. I honestly did not know he made the trip to Oxford until late in the second half.

 

When did you realize he was there...when he pump faked a wide open three that ended in a shot clock violation? That's when I noticed him.

 

Darius "Pump Fake" Miller

 

or

 

Darius "I'm Too Wide Open" Miller

 

:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.