February 2, 201115 yr If you want another reason UK didn't win this game look at the last 7 minutes of the first half. With UK ahead Chris Warren picked up his 2nd foul and sat the rest of the half. UK failed to capitalize and in fact Ole Miss took the lead down from 6 or 7 to 1 at the half without Warren. That's where UK blew this game. You also realize that is when Jon Hood and Eloy Vargas were having to play. UK had their own foul difficulties so them not being able to capitalize was not a big shock to me.
February 2, 201115 yr I can agree on that. They always miss calls though the SEC needs a new head of officials for all sports. Basketball refs are usually terrible, and well we all know how beat up SEC football refs get after sportcenter every week in football season. This UK team just doesn't have a good inside presence though. Last year on the road Cousins would have beat out some baskets for UK down the stretch and it would have sealed it. A big man you can count on for two points when you are on the road makes all the difference. If you want another reason UK didn't win this game look at the last 7 minutes of the first half. With UK ahead Chris Warren picked up his 2nd foul and sat the rest of the half. UK failed to capitalize and in fact Ole Miss took the lead down from 6 or 7 to 1 at the half without Warren. That's where UK blew this game. You can't bring up Warren being out with 2 fouls if you're not going to talk about Liggins (@10:18), Harrellson (@7:24), and Knight (@5:59) being on the bench too. Its also worth nothing that they didn't call a single foul on Miss for the last 9:32 of the first half. UK blew the game all over the place. I will certainly agree that SEC officiating is horrid in both football and basketball.
February 2, 201115 yr Miller's stat line: 31 minutes, 1-4, 3 pts, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 4 turnovers, 1 foul. Wow.
February 2, 201115 yr You can't bring up Warren being out with 2 fouls if you're not going to talk about Liggins (@10:18), Harrellson (@7:24), and Knight (@5:59) being on the bench too. Its also worth nothing that they didn't call a single foul on Miss for the last 9:32 of the first half. UK blew the game all over the place. I will certainly agree that SEC officiating is horrid in both football and basketball. I don't realy see Harrellson as all that relevant, he got abused all night. The other two are legit, but Harrellson was manhandled. He just wasn't quick enough to keep up with Buckner.
February 2, 201115 yr Miller's stat line: 31 minutes, 1-4, 3 pts, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 4 turnovers, 1 foul. Wow. You know, I think I'm more upset with just 1 foul. Be aggressive. If I went into the second half knowing I only had one foul, I'd been all over the place on defense.
February 2, 201115 yr Cal should have called timeout on the next to last possession when Knight picked his dribble up. They still had two left. Miller played the worse game of his career. I can't believe he didn't shoot the ball at the end. He had to know the clock was almost down to zero. Plenty of blame to go around here from the coach on down the line.
February 2, 201115 yr Not sure how you let Warren have such a good look at a 3 to beat you?? Jones was a step late coming out on him off the screen. He still made a difficult shot. I would rather him shoot that shot than blow by Jones and have a layup.
February 2, 201115 yr Bottom Line is this. The worst thing that could have happened it to have hit a shot in the last possesion or two and won the game. They needed a major wake up call and if this game doesnt show them their weaknesses none will. Do you really believe they need a wake up call at this point? They've had a few of these "wake up calls" by this point. Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss. All road losses. They simply can't play on the road.
February 2, 201115 yr Top 10 team in Rupp. On the road, not so much... I would have to partially agree because IMO they are not top 10 at home either.
February 2, 201115 yr This game last night absolutely sucked every bit of the life out of me for the year. Seriously? Ole Miss? I cannot wait for Darius Miller to graduate. Why can't he get his degree early?
February 2, 201115 yr All I can say is we better beat Florida Saturday night or this season will have turned sour real quick.
February 2, 201115 yr I would have to partially agree because IMO they are not top 10 at home either. With the exception of a handful of teams, it is not as if team are separating themselves from the pack. They are just as capable at home as those in the top 10.
February 2, 201115 yr You know, I think I'm more upset with just 1 foul. Be aggressive. If I went into the second half knowing I only had one foul, I'd been all over the place on defense. I was thinking the same thing which is why I posted it.
February 2, 201115 yr All I can say is we better beat Florida Saturday night or this season will have turned sour real quick. Is it on the road? Because if so......
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.