January 9, 201115 yr Homecooking... but then again what do you expect when you are playing on the road.
January 9, 201115 yr No worries...I am going with a 30 point bounce back win over Auburn on Tuesday at Rupp.
January 9, 201115 yr Stinks we lost but the Sky isn't falling after this one. Hopefully this game is another Cal teaching tool. We killed ourselves at the free throw line early and that hurt. Jones getting in foul trouble late first and mid second also hurt. Still, we struggled defensively all game and I think as a team we broke down mentally. Lamb is a talent but he forced too much in the second half. Knight struggled to get his shot in the second and this took him fully out of the game. Liggins is a wonderful hustle player who can do great things, today though he showed his other side, the out of control wreckless player that makes poor decisions. As for Miller, I don't know what to think. He made some good moves today down low as an undersized post player against UGA, but he just didn't have the touch. I don't know if it's confidence, lack of talent, mixture, or what, but the kid just makes you scratch your head. Harrelson was the one guy I enjoyed today. Hustled and played hard. I expected this one to be tough. First road SEC test. Hostile environment and intense battle. Georgia is a good team with a good personnel and coach. I think we were shown what we need to improve on to get better for the rematch. Go Cats!
January 9, 201115 yr Sounds like a bad day for UK sports fans; the football team takes a beating by Pittsburgh and the basketball team loses one they never should have..... I don't understand your reasoning in the bolded. Georgia is a good team with two ligitamate NBA prospects. No team in America would have an easy win there if the Bulldogs are at full strength and healthy, and hit their free throws like they did today. It's not a big shock to me that they defeated the Cats today.
January 9, 201115 yr Georgia is a good team. I expected this to be one of the games UK could lose and they did. They've got a beast inside and that is recipe for disaster for UK, especially being on the road.
January 9, 201115 yr "Sounds like a bad day for UK sports fans; the football team takes a beating by Pittsburgh and the basketball team loses one they never should have....." I think you are underestimating league play. It is hard to get a road win. Period. Especially with the youth of the team.
January 9, 201115 yr Can we just get Gilchrist, Teague and Davis on campus now? I'm so tired of watching Darius Miller. I like him, but he is an enigma. I can't remember a UK player with his amount of talent and athleticism that just never could put it together. I would love to see some fire from him. Get excited, mad, tell off a referee, kick a fan, do something!!!!!! This Cats team plays hard but I think they're 2 or 3 players away from being a really good team. All I keep thinking of is Richard Madison. 1987 :thumb:
January 9, 201115 yr Fox has done a very good job in Athens so far. They said a bunch of young talented recruits from the Atlanta area were in attendance today. The guy did a great job in Reno and it appears that UGA is on the rise which is good for the SEC. Now if the West side of the conference could get their act in gear, is that asking too much?
January 9, 201115 yr Boy what a week for UK sports. The UK Hoops team loses to Duke, then loses again, then we get the new about Enes, then UK football has a tough day in the bowl, and then the men lose to UGA. But on the positive side, Tennessee lost today again!!:clap::clap::clap:
January 9, 201115 yr Stinks we lost but the Sky isn't falling after this one. Hopefully this game is another Cal teaching tool. We killed ourselves at the free throw line early and that hurt. Jones getting in foul trouble late first and mid second also hurt. Still, we struggled defensively all game and I think as a team we broke down mentally. Lamb is a talent but he forced too much in the second half. Knight struggled to get his shot in the second and this took him fully out of the game. Liggins is a wonderful hustle player who can do great things, today though he showed his other side, the out of control wreckless player that makes poor decisions. As for Miller, I don't know what to think. He made some good moves today down low as an undersized post player against UGA, but he just didn't have the touch. I don't know if it's confidence, lack of talent, mixture, or what, but the kid just makes you scratch your head. Harrelson was the one guy I enjoyed today. Hustled and played hard. I expected this one to be tough. First road SEC test. Hostile environment and intense battle. Georgia is a good team with a good personnel and coach. I think we were shown what we need to improve on to get better for the rematch. Go Cats! Excellent post. I agree with all points that you made UTB. :thumb:
January 9, 201115 yr Boy what a week for UK sports. The UK Hoops team loses to Duke, then loses again, then we get the new about Enes, then UK football has a tough day in the bowl, and then the men lose to UGA. But on the positive side, Tennessee lost today again!!:clap::clap::clap: UK's AD is going to have to call Dr. Phil. As for the bolded, that's always a plus.
January 9, 201115 yr Can we just get Gilchrist, Teague and Davis on campus now? I'm so tired of watching Darius Miller. I like him, but he is an enigma. I can't remember a UK player with his amount of talent and athleticism that just never could put it together. I would love to see some fire from him. Get excited, mad, tell off a referee, kick a fan, do something!!!!!! This Cats team plays hard but I think they're 2 or 3 players away from being a really good team. Agree Cats lack a few players to be top 10 team. Another big man would help Josh a lot. As for Miller needs to be solid night in and night out. But Cats lost to a good Georgia team on the road is not that bad of a deal because 5 loses will probably win the SEC east this season.
January 9, 201115 yr I agree with what other on here have said about Miller. He just can't seem to get the job done for the Cats. He's the missing link on this team when he should be a leader as a junior. I think he has been overrated from the beginning, and I stated in a post last year that he would have fit in better as a player in the OVC. UK's just a little over his head.
January 9, 201115 yr UK never seemed to recover from the non call on Lamb that led to Jone's fourth foul. Shocking no call that came at a pivotal point in the game. Huge.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.