January 8, 201115 yr Couldn't get a foul call in the paint all day. Well congrats to UGA you did make free throws. UK will remember this loss because believe me that will not beat us at Rupp!
January 8, 201115 yr Sounds like a bad day for UK sports fans; the football team takes a beating by Pittsburgh and the basketball team loses one they never should have.....
January 8, 201115 yr Seems like I saw some publication pick Georgia to win the SEC East. So this isn't completely shocking.
January 8, 201115 yr Refs were very partial in my opinon and to GA credit they played Jrs & Srs who had the experience when it counts! Go Big Blue!
January 8, 201115 yr UGA imo was the far better prepared basketball team today. They did exactly what anyone that will beat beat UK this season will do. UGA pounded the ball inside and we (UK) are hurting anytime a team has a legit big man/inside game. Tomkins killed us. Kudos to the UGA coach, he flat out whipped Cal on this date. This UK team is a very young one and alot were playing and learned about conference play on the road today. IUK is everyones national title game and a player has to "bring it" every game, plus you are not going to get many calls on the road, you just have to play through it.I hardly ever put blame on officials and I am not on this game either but..........that no call on the UGA defender and then a terrible 4th foul call on Jones hurt bad. Shake this one off and get ready for Auburn to come in on Tuesday night is all these young Cats can do. GO BIG BLUE!!
January 8, 201115 yr Sad to see the Cats fall but with such a young team I can not say I am shocked.I agree. UGA is a very well coached,experienced basketball team. Seems like I saw some publication pick Georgia to win the SEC East. So this isn't completely shocking.:thumb: imo they will be right in the mix to win it. Refs were very partial in my opinon and to GA credit they played Jrs & Srs who had the experience when it counts! Go Big Blue! Such is life on the road for anyone in conference. UGA's inside game/Tomkins was a big factor for them.
January 8, 201115 yr Seems like I saw some publication pick Georgia to win the SEC East. So this isn't completely shocking. Over UK? No chance.
January 8, 201115 yr UK never seemed to recover from the non call on Lamb that led to Jone's fourth foul.
January 8, 201115 yr Over UK? No chance. I'm not saying I agree, but I'm fairly certain I saw it picked somewhere. EDIT: It was ESPN. Though I think that's the players' choice.
January 8, 201115 yr When your leading scorer only gets/takes two shots in the game's final 10 minutes, you're not going to win if it's close. Knight takes a jumper at around the 7:00 mark and ties the game at 58. His next shot comes at under a minute and we're down 11. That's inexcusable & the blame falls to both Knight & Calipari. Poor performance by the Cats, while Georgia stuck to their game plan of hammer it down low.
January 9, 201115 yr Can we just get Gilchrist, Teague and Davis on campus now? I'm so tired of watching Darius Miller. I like him, but he is an enigma. I can't remember a UK player with his amount of talent and athleticism that just never could put it together. I would love to see some fire from him. Get excited, mad, tell off a referee, kick a fan, do something!!!!!! This Cats team plays hard but I think they're 2 or 3 players away from being a really good team.
January 9, 201115 yr Darius Miller is overrated. He is a Kentucky kid and definitely root for him. But everyone expects a lot from him and I don't think he is capable. He likes running floaters, but those shots hit the back rim a lot, he needs to shoot a little softer if he is going to be a major factor in the future in crunch time.
January 9, 201115 yr I've got no problem with Darius Miller, but face facts: he's there because they whiffed on Lofton. When he's on, he's an asset though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.